chapter 17

Over the next month things seemed to fall into a pattern, after the first week in I was completely healed from my wounds and had even started training with Nat, Pietro, Wanda and Steve. Tony avoided me whenever he could and when he saw me just gave me glares.

It was Friday and Steve had announced a mission, everyone would be going except Tony and myself.

"Will you be alright моя любовь?"(my love).

I laughed. "I'll be find handsome, just promise me you and Wanda will be careful, I don't wanna have to heal your butts"

He laughed, "I promise princesa"

He gave me and kiss and sped off to the quinjet.

The compound was quiet over the next two days and it was starting to get to me, I had tried to busy myself with cooking, drawing and training but nothing seemed to work. I sat in my living area on my floor thinking about the others, they were my family and I missed them, my mind then turned to Tony. I wanted to sort things out with him, he was my brother and I wanted a better relationship with him.

"F.R.I.D.A.Y?"

Yes miss Luna?

"Where is Tony at the moment?"

He is in the training room, checking the new adjustments to his hand pulsar.

"Thanks"

I made my way to the training room, hoping that Tony would talk to me.

I walked into the training room and waited for Tony to stop shooting before I approached him, after a few minutes he finally turned and saw me.

"Tony can we talk?" I asked him softly. He just grunted and started fiddling with the arm mechanics.

"I was hoping we could try and work on our relationship? Your my brother and I love you and I really want us to get along" I spoke as I approached him.

"Why bother?" he said some what aggressively and turned away from me.

"Please Tony, cant we a least talk?" I asked gently placing my hand on his arm.

I wasn't expecting what happened next, he swung his arm out that had his Armor on and hit me hard in the jaw. I fell backwards on the ground as tears came to my eyes, my jaw hurt and I knew I was going to have a massive bruise.

"DON'T TOUCH ME! YOUR THE REASON OUR PARENTS ARE DEAD AND WHY IM SADDLED WITH A BURDEN LIKE YOU!" he screamed.

I looked up at him wide eyed, shocked and terrified. After a few seconds a look of shock crossed his face as he realized what he said and what he had done, he tried to reach out to me.

"Don't touch me" I whispered and ran for them training room, holding the side of my face and crying.

I locked myself in my room for the rest of the night, I didn't even come out for food. Before I knew it the sun was rising and at around 8am I heard the quinjet landing, I looked in my bathroom mirror and I saw a huge black and purple bruise on the left side of my cheek and jaw stretching from just below my eye to the start of my neck.

A knock at my door made me jump.

"Hey Luna, its Nat can I come in?"

I quickly pulled my hair out of its ponytail and tried to hide the bruise as best I could under my hair, I slowly walked to the door and pulled it open, turning my face away from her.

"Hey Nat what's up?"

She didn't reply for a moment then suddenly I felt her hand move my hair off my face. She gasped when she saw the bruise and my tear stained cheeks.