1~Meeting With Virgil

A few days have gone by and I've gotten used to being Lavinia. I guess it's partly due to the fact that we have such a similar personality that nobody really noticed that I've taken over Lavinia's body. I first thought it was a dream. In fact, it still feels like a dream to this day. I just never thought I would ever inhabit the body of some heroine in a novel!

I hear a knock coming from the door. Being told to check who it is, I do. I see the red-haired boy from earlier. According to the novel as well as Lavinia's memories, this guy is Virgil, her best friend. With his unruly, shoulder-length hair tied back in a small ponytail and a black sweatshirt that looked too big, he leaned against the doorframe with an elbow propped against it.

"Hey Jill!" I give him a small smile. Virgil smiles back. "Vinny, do you want to hang out at the park?"

"Oh, actually, I want to rest for a bit. We can hang out tomorrow!" Virgil is the childhood friend of Lavinia as well as the main antagonist. Despite his sweet and shy nature, he harbors a dark side to him that's cruel and sadistic. Top that with his obsession with Lavinia, and you got that classic "yandere" character. I don't know how deep his obsession with Lavinia is now, especially since she recently turned 15, the same age she was at the start of the novel. I can only hope to lessen that obsession of his before it gets deadly.

Virgil gives me a look before furrowing his eyebrows. "But, I've been looking forward to hanging out with you for a while now. Can't we go today?"

I get that he wants to hang out with me, but I just arrived in this world and I'm still getting used to it. Of course, I can't tell him any of that! "I just haven't been feeling well recently. We can go tomorrow if you'd like!" I softly smile at him.

"It'll be okay even if you're not feeling better. Let's go to the park today!" Looks like Virgil isn't giving up. I wonder if it's just me, but Virgil kind of seems a bit pushy.

I take a deep breath. "I understand that you want to go, but I'm really not feeling well. Please, understand." I look straight in his eyes.

"I get that you're not feeling well, but maybe you'll feel better if we go out to the park right now." Virgil raises his voice a bit. I don't know about you, but I feel like this behavior is kind of pushy and toxic.

"Virgil," I grabbed a hold of his shoulders. "I seriously don't feel like going out today. If you're going to keep being this pushy, then I'd rather not go anywhere with you. Please understand that I just don't feel well enough to go out today." I close the door.

I know that Virgil is pretty obsessed with Lavinia. After all, I've read the book and the actions he did were from his obsession with Lavinia. Of course, that doesn't give him the right to treat Lavinia like this! I only just noticed recently, but Lavinia is a bit of a doormat. She was strong in her own way of course! But... she always lets Virgil act like this. Even if Virgil is her close friend, she should set boundaries between them! Of course, now I'm Lavinia. Which means that it's now my job to change his behavior. Although a part of me feels like what I did was a bit rude, I also know that he needs to understand that this behavior is toxic.

After our encounter, Virgil has been texting me a lot. In all those texts, he apologizes for trying to force me to go somewhere when I don't want to. Of course, I left him on read. I know that it feels mean, and a part of me definitely feels guilty for doing this, but I want him to truly understand that I didn't enjoy the pushiness of his behavior! Two days after the encounter, I heard a knock at the door. When I open the door, I see Virgil standing with a sad look on his face.

"I... I wanted to apologize for what happened the other day..." I'm happy that he came here in person to apologize, even though it was earlier than I expected. Like, I expected him to come a week from now.

"I accept your apology, but please don't be pushy like that again, okay?" Virgil nods his head. I embrace him and invite him into the apartment. It may take a while for Virgil to completely stop his toxic behavior, but I believe that with enough time and help, that toxic behavior will go away. I just have to push this little guy into the right direction!

"Looks like some people made up!" I turn around to see one of Lavinia's older brothers smirking while holding a juice box. Did I mention that Lavinia is the youngest out of her siblings? They were rarely mentioned in the novel, but since becoming Lavinia, I've seen how her family's dynamic works. I roll my eyes at his statement.