Where it all Began ~ Part III

Marinette's POV:

  As I stood there, in shock of the harsh words that came out of Adrien, I felt everyone's eyes on me. What could I possibly say to that? Although I did nothing to hurt him, he still thought the complete opposite.

"A-alright, again I'm sorry Adrien," I said, with a quiet tone. Maybe it was best for me to stay home. It's odd of me to think such a thing, but my father was right. I walk towards my desk and pick up my bag. Without hesitation, I walk out of the classroom and head to the front of the school. I'm not entirely sure if someone is approaching me, but I continue to walk to the black car that awaits me.

  The drive back home carried an awkward silence; even the smallest noise could bring down the quietness even more. I stared down at my school bag, until I decided to pull out the book Adrien and I checked out. But to my surprise, it wasn't in my bag, I must've dropped it when I aggressively took my belongings and left the classroom. I'd unfortunately have to come back to school and look for it, but meanwhile I'd have to win the argument I'm bound to have with my father. After a few minutes, we drive up to the gate of the mansion and wait for them to open. The tall black gates open slowly, and my bodyguard drives us up to the driveway. As we come to a stop, I take a deep breath and step out of the car. Almost immediately, I hear my father's aggressive deep voice.

"Marinette! How could you do something so absurd? It's not like you," he said, in a sharp tone as he stands by the large front door.

"Father, it's even more absurd of you to keep me locked up in the mansion, like...like a prisoner!" I shouted, in hesitation.

"Marinette, I forbid you to speak to me like that!" he shouted back.

"You know what? Fuck this. I don't need you to keep me locked up like a damn dog. Now that mom's gone, you've become unbearable!" I yelled, with tears in my eyes. I look up to my dad, who has become quiet all of a sudden. Have I gone too far? It's not like me to curse; especially to my father.

"Very well," he said, in a lowered voice.

"I-I'm sorry father, I shouldn't have gone so far. I've had enough of this and I got carried awa-" I get cut off.

"Marinette. I've realized...I haven't been the best father for you, after your mother... I know, and I'm so terribly sorry. But, believe I deserve a minimum amount of respect from you," he paused, but continued, "If attending school and making friends is what can bring you...even the smallest amount of happiness, you can do so."

"Really? I'm aware of my mistakes father, please forgive me," I said, in a regretful tone.

"It's been done. I'll be in my office, busy." he said, reaching out for my shoulder and planting a small kiss on my forehead.

  As I watched my father exit the room, I felt relieved from the chaotic atmosphere I had caused. Although I felt ashamed for insulting my father in such a way, I surprisingly helped him reflect on the way he's been treating me lately. Hopefully, a little bit of change can be done in 'this' house.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Tom's POV:

  "Have I really been that ignorant to my daughter, Nooroo?"

"I don't think so, Master! Marinette's a teenager and she's been under a lot of stress. I'm sure that's the reason," he responded, with uncertainty.

"I don't know, maybe I should have given her some freedom. Or, maybe I should get the ladybug and cat miraculous as soon as possible! This way our family can be happy, again!"

"I-I-I don't know about that-"

"Silence! Luckily, I sense a negative emotion...and it feels effective. Nooroo, Dark Wings Rise!"