After Party

A/N: 2 new characters: *unlocked*
________________________________________________________________________

Adrien's POV:

  It's the next morning and I felt as if the exhaustion from last night was consuming me slowly. Sunlight began to beam down into the large room, which irritated my eyes slightly. As I gained my eyesight back, I turned around, allowing my back to straighten and release any tension from the night before. I felt my body soften but almost immediately got chills from the cold atmosphere that had built up in the hotel room.

Once I got a good sight of the dark yet luminous room, I realized I was the only one awake at the time. At the far end of the bedroom, Marinette was curled up on the large bed alongside Chloe. She has such a beautiful resting face, it almost reminds me of the story Sleeping Beauty. If only Marinette felt the same way I do, this way I could wake her with a soft kiss every morning.

To my surprise, I felt groggy from the alcohol I drank last night. Although it wasn't a large amount, I had a hard time getting it out of my system. If I get home looking and feeling this way, I'd be dead to my parents.

"Morning," I heard a muffled voice say. It almost startled me until I recognized the voice almost immediately. As I turned back towards the familiar yet faded voice, Marinette was making her way towards me. "Were you watching me sleep?" she asked, with a friendly smile.

"Oh! N-No of course not. I was just—"

"I'm joking, Adrien. What are you doing so early?" she continued, with a laugh.

"I'm not sure. The temperature in the room caused me to wake up, but then I was distracted by the beautiful view," I began as I stared off to the sky. "The faded moon...it's beautiful isn't it?" I asked, trying my best not to make eye contact with the lovely bluenette.

"Yeah...it sure is," she replied with a soft tone. I couldn't resist the urge to look away from Marinette, so I turned around and looked deep into her bluebell eyes. God, her eyes are truly breathtaking; they always seem to gleam with the smallest source of light.

"What..." she said, almost hesitant at my actions.

"Oh, nothing. It's just...your eyes are so...intimidating," I began, in an attempt to comforting her. "I admire the way your eyes light up like the sun playing on water," I finally said with a gentle smile.

"O-Oh. That's so sweet, Adrien," she struggled to reply. I could almost swear Marinette was flustered by the compliment...her light blush was nearly visible to anyone. "U-Uh...so, A-Adrien! About last night," she continued, in an attempt to change the subject.

"What about last night, Marinette?" I asked in confusion of the sudden mentioned comment.

"Well...I realized some things and I wanted to apologize for acting so foolish throughout the night, especially while playing the game. I wasn't sure if my actions had affected you, which is why I'm also here to ask if I hurt you in any way. You're my frie—"she paused. "You're important to me, Adrien. My biggest wish is for you to be happy, more than anything in the world. I don't want to be at fault for taking any of that away from a person like you."

  Marinette's words blew me away. I wasn't even sure if I was dreaming or not; nor if I could reply to any of that. Although I loved Marinette so dearly, I wasn't capable of opening up to her.

"Oh, Mari. Even if you tried, there's no way in this world that you'd ever take my happiness away..." I began, unsure of the next words I would say. "Truly, you are my happiness."

  There was a long pause, which caused me to panic for the embarrassment and awkwardness I had created between us. Was I too cheesy? Did she figure out why I stuttered around her for so long? Are my chances of marrying her, having three kids and a hamster... over!?