Chapter 16: We Get Fake IDs and Don't Even Go to a Club. -Larisa

Larisa P.O.V.

Percy was good at finding sketchy places. He found a sketchy passport forging place not far from our motel. There we got fake IDs. Percy was now 18-years-old and his name was Thomas Binns. I was sixteen and my name was Margarate Binns. We were orphaned siblings and Thomas was Margarate's guardian. We were going to use these IDs and passports to get into South Africa, find my family and rescue Annabeth.

At the Namibia and South Africa border post the guy stamping our passports asked us a bunch of odd questions. Like if we had a lot of friends back home in Australia, the country of citizenship on our fake passports and IDs. When we answered "Not really" he got a malicious grin. He then told us that we had to go through the back entrance because I was a minor. I shot Percy a look telling him that this wasn't good. He gave me an uneasy look back. We reluctantly followed the man. While walking I noticed that he kept fiddling with his dark hair, as if readjusting it.

He held the door open for us and I walked through first, on edge. I heard a swishing sound come from the back and fell to the ground. When I looked up I saw what had caused the noise. A man with a bat tried to hit me over the head, probably to try knocking me out. Percy was on the man who led us to the door, punching him like ground beef. The man with the bat ran to help his friend, I jumped him from behind. I started tearing at his golden hair. To my disgust all his hair came off, then I realised it was a wig covering white-grey hair. I looked at the man Percy was punching, his black wig had fallen off to reveal the same grey hair. In my moment of shock and recognition, the man I was on threw himself to the ground, onto me.

His crushing weight restricted me from moving anything but my neck and face, so I started biting his ears until I tasted blood. The man screamed and jumped off me. He fiddled with something in his pocket. He took out a small remote and pressed the only button on it. Crap, he was calling back-up. Percy grabbed the man from behind, the guy he had been punching laid unconscious on the ground and full blood. Percy held the guy from behind and I punched him in the ptegrion, the weakest part of the skull. He immediately lost consciousness and Percy dropped him to the ground.

"We have to get out of here, now!" I said to Percy panicked. "He just called back-up," I said pointing at the man I just punched. I knew exactly why they were trying to capture us. I remembered as soon as I saw the white-grey hair.

"Larisa, do you know what's going on?" Percy asked with wild eyes.

"Sorta, we have to go, now!" I replied and started running out of the parking lot we were in. We were too late. An armed vehicle arrived and stopped not too far from us. About twenty men and women with grey-white hair holding huge rifles jumped out and lined up, guns pointed at Percy and me.

"Should I vapour travel us away?" Percy whispered to me.

"No, then they'll want to catch you even more and the Greys WILL find you, they're greedy little bastards," I said. Percy nodded his head solemnly."You can vapour travel us when they aren't looking."

"HANDS UP!" An angry voice yelled from the vehicle, I complied.

"We just have to be patient, do what they say for a little while and then we can get out of here," I whispered to Percy. He put his hands up, gritting his teeth. I kept my head down, in case they might recognise me.

Four of the Greys came to us. They harshly cuffed us and walked us back to the armed vehicle. "Good stock we got here," I heard one of them say. Two other Greys went to the men Percy and I beat up, they dragged them to the vehicle.

In the vehicle, a man said," Damn, you beat Sam and Bayanda to pulp. We should return the favour, boys?" Some of the Greys started cheering and catcalling. I kept my head down, my hair covering my face. I sneaked a glance at Percy, he was fuming and staring them down. The glare he gave made me shiver ever so slightly.

"Don't get too cocky. You know Boss won't be happy if we bring them damaged goods," A woman's voice said. A few grumbles and grunts sounded from the group. The vehicle started driving. A few of the Greys were casually chatting, but it was mostly quiet. At some point, one of the Greys opened up a flask with water, when he brought it to his mouth to drink the water splashed all over him.

"Daniel!" the man exclaimed.

"What, I didn't do anything!" the man next to him replied. "It was probably just a bump in the road." The now wet man looked mad. Percy had a smirk on his face.

"What're you looking at, boy?" the man spat.

"Nothing. Who are you people anyway?" Percy asked nonchalantly.

"Us? We're nobodies. We'll look like saints next to where you're going," a voice said grimly.

"And where exactly is that?" Percy asked harshly. I shot him a look.

A few Greys laughed," Aren't you just a chatterbox? And your friend? Is she mute?" Percy went back to glaring at them. I kept my head down.

"Hey, you!" A different voice said. "This man is talking to you, show the needed respect."

"No respect is needed," I said before I could stop myself.

"Ooh, a sharp mouth she's got!" someone said. "Why don't you look my friend in the eyes while you insult him?" Oh no, this was bad. What if they recognised me? I kept my head down, hiding behind my curls.

"Oi, look at us while we speak to you!" A harsh voice said. I kept my head down. I heard shuffling and felt hands forcing my head up. I bit any fingers that got close enough to my mouth, resulting in the hands pressing harder and a few curse words. I heard Percy struggling against his restraints and swearing at the Greys. Another hand harshly pulled the hair covering my face. When my face came to view the beefy man holding my head took a few steps back, dropping my head. I immediately looked down again.

"What? You never saw a pretty girl before, Smith?" A voice mockingly asked.

"No, no, she- she," the beefy man shakily said.

"Come on, Smith, use your words," another voice mockingly encouraged him.

"It's her. It's Larisa Fourie," the beefy man shakily said. The vehicle fell into silence, the only sound was the wheels crunching on the gravelly road. I looked up, glaring fiercely, no point in looking down anymore.