Chapter 13: We try to make sense of nothing -Percy

Chapter 13:  We try to make sense of nothing.

Percy P.O.V.

When I woke up the next morning, my dream was still fresh in my memories. Annabeth was being held captive by a medieval prince.  Larisa looked better this morning, we could start walking.

"Morning, Sleeping Beauty," Larisa said mockingly barely looking up from her book.

"Yes, indeed, I am beautiful," I said and she rolled her eyes. My voice was scratchy from sleeping. "What are you reading?"

"A travel book on remote places. In my dream it made it seem like the country I lived in was at war. The rest of the world, including you, would know about a war going on in a country. So the place must be remote or out of contact with the rest of the world," she said. I smiled at the irony, you would think the rest of the world would know about ongoing wars.

"Smart. Look for places that have humid, warm weather," I said.

"I never mentioned warm weather when I told you about my dream, but yes, it was pretty hot," She said sceptically.

"I had a dream of my own," there was silence, she was waiting for me to explain.  I rencountered my dream for her. I told her how the posh teen referred to Annabeth as Rissa, which we assumed was short for Larisa. How he accused her of feeding information to them. This and the events of Larisa's dream brought us to the conclusion that Larisa was a spy or a double agent in a war.

"So Annabeth and I are connected?" she asked excited for a new lead.

"I guess," I replied. "Got anything good from the book?"

"Well, I'm trying to narrow countries down with elements like weather conditions, population, etcetera. Like Tristan da Cunha, the most isolated island, can't possibly be the place we're looking for, because it has a population of 258, so it is not fit for war," she said, ranting like Annabeth. "I think we should visit Romania, Micronesia and Guyana. These countries either have very little tourism or their citizens and government has little contact with the rest of the world."

"Cool," I said, happy to have somewhere to look, but I did not give myself any false hope just yet and I could tell Larisa felt the same.  "Pack your stuff, let's get going."

When we finished eating our sparse food and collecting our few belongings I said, "Ok, don't freak out. Remember how I'm a son of Poseidon and have special water abilities."

"Yeah," she said reluctantly, unsure of where this conversation was going.

"Well, to get to these places without getting caught by the police at the airport, I have an alternative way of travel." Vapour travelling was a handy, exhausting new trick of mine. It was how I got to London in the first place, I don't have the money for an aeroplane ticket. Travelling through water particles did exhaust me, especially over long distances, therefore I didn't use it that often. I just needed the coordinates of the place I was travelling to. "Hand me the book, please?" I asked Larisa. She did so and I paged to Romania, under its name stood the coordinates. I grabbed Larisa's arm and, before she could react, vapour travelled to Romania. 

Water rushed by us in a blur, I hope Larisa was holding her breath. After a few moments, an arch, trees and a busy street materialised in front of us. Larisa almost immediately fell to her knees and started retching up water.

"Sorry, I probably should have warned you," I said. "Let me help." I used my abilities to remove all the water from her lungs. I was becoming dizzy from exhaustion.

Larisa got up and punched me on the arm, hard. Then she called me something I once got detention for saying and said,  "Warn me next time." Then she properly took in her surroundings. "This is Arc de Triomph, we really are in Romania." She was pointing at the huge stone arch above us. "How'd you do that?"

"Travelled through water particles in the air. Now, could we find someplace out of sight, vapour travelling drains my energy," I said swaying slightly. Larisa looked me up and down, took my arm and slung it over her shoulders to support me. We started walking towards a thick growth of trees. Once we were away from the noise of the streets she helped me down onto the moist grass, I was propped up against a tree.

"Here," I said handing her Annabeth's Yankees cap. My eyelids felt heavy "Get a look around the place, see if there's anything suspicious. I'm going to be out for a while." She nodded and I dozed off.

I was back in the pit. The memories were horrible. Annabeth was usually there with me; it made the dreams bearable since I got to see her. Tonight I was all alone.

All I know about Romania comes from google images, so don't come at me if I got some stuff wrong, K? Just roll with it.
Thankssss <3

Breathe well
-LadyLlama13