Chapter 19: No judo flips this time. -Percy

Percy P.O.V

Once Samuel closed the steel gate on me, I rushed to the railing closest to Annabeth. She was lying against the back stone wall of the cell, six feet away from me.

This felt like some cruel recreation of Five Feet Apart. The person I loved most was so close, yet I couldn't touch her.

"Annabeth," her name rolled off my tongue. Then louder, but still soft enough to not attract the attention of the guard, "Annabeth!" I saw her stirring. I whisper-yelled once more.

I contemplated risking vapour travelling to get to her. Luckily, she then pulled the hair out of her face, stopping me even while unconscious from doing stupid stuff. She slowly rolled over to her back and her eyes explored the dark ceiling above her.

Annabeth P.O.V.

The voices were back. "Ignore them, ignore them," I thought to myself, "I'm getting out of here with my sanity." But then his voice came back, more persistent. Gods, I missed him so much. What I would give to spend one more day with him.

"Annabeth!" His voice called again. But then I heard another sound, the guard banged the railings.

"Shut up," he said half-heartedly. I shot up. The guard had heard the voice too.

Our eyes locked together.

Gods, he was handsome, with his windswept hair, concerned brows and lulling siren-like eyes. We were both frozen for a moment. Then I started running/crawling in pain towards the railing where Percy was trying to push through.

I made it to him and he engulfed me in his comforting arms that barely fit through the narrow railings. He whispered in relief, "Annabeth." A soft laugh that turned into a choke escaped me. I felt moisture on my cheeks. He held my face, inspecting it. I did the same. He looked older, the bags under his wet eyes and worrying expression suggested so. He'd lost weight, not that he had any to lose, this made his bones and strong muscles more prominent.

We didn't need any words, we just held each other as best we could through the railings. "As long as we're together," I heard whispered in my memories.

Suddenly I felt guilty. It was my fault that he was here, in this hellhole. He probably got caught searching for me. I thought back to those dark months when Percy was missing. Back then I had felt that going through torture or even the pit with him was less torture than not knowing where he was or if he was even alive at all. I imagined that Percy felt the same now.

I had no idea where we were or how he found me. I knew that they had mistaken me for someone else, some Larisa girl? I pushed my thoughts aside for the moment. I relaxed for the first time in months in the comfort of his arms.

EEEKKK!! Percabeth
-LadyLlama13