CHAPTER ONE

HOUSE OF WAX

HOUSE OF WAX

Family was always something Ginny had lacked, for at four years old she was put into foster care. The big, blue-eyed girl didn't remember anything before her time in the system, instead making her way from home to home until she ended up with the Lifton's. A sweet, older couple who'd tried for years to have a child of their own before finally deciding adoption was their best bet and so, at nine-years-old, Ginny was welcomed into their family, and the house next door. That was how she met her best friend of twelve years, Carly Jones. A bubbly and caring strawberry blonde with a heart of gold, something that was the complete opposite of her twin brother. For Nick was rude, cold and often getting himself into serious trouble.

Ginny and Nick had a love/hate relationship. As in she hated him and he loved to make her life miserable.

But recently that target had been placed firmly on his sister's back after a brush with the law had left their already strained relationship in tatters. Not to mention, he absolutely hated Carly's boyfriend, Wade. So when Carly asked her to tag along on an out-of-state trip to watch a football game, Ginny knew the answer.

"No." She told her green eyed friend as the Jones girl stood in their dorm room, looking up from her laptop with a scoff "No way in hell."

"Aw, c'mon, Gin." Carly pouted as she moved to stand before the girl's bunk "You have to come. You know Paige will spend all her time with Blake, and there's no way Wade and I can handle Nick and Dalton alone."

The brunette sighed at the thought of their meshed friendship group. It used to be just the three girls until their third roommate fell in love with Nick's friend Blake, forcing the boys to hang out with Carly and Ginny. Dalton didn't mind, the Chapman man had a die£hard crush on his best friend's sister after all, not to mention he loved to film every moment of drama between the bickering twins and Ginny's impressive bosom. But Nick hated it. He didn't want to spend any more time with his sister or the girl next door, nor their annoying as sin boyfriend's.

"Please?" Carly pleaded, batting her eyelashes when she noticed Ginny didn't look like she would agree anytime soon "Come on, you can bring Luke, it'll be like a weekend long double date!"

The Lifton girl paused at the thought. She'd been trying to get her boyfriend of two years to go out more, but between his classes and his part time job as his professors TA, he barely had a moment for her. Ginny sighed in defeat and Carly tossed her arms up in success seeing the resignation in her eyes "Okay, we'll come. But I am not going in a car with Nick."

"You and me both." Carly snorted, placing an obnoxious kiss on Ginny's cheek "You won't regret this, I promise!"

Ginny watched the Jones girl bounce out of their room to meet Wade for dinner before she looked back at her laptop to the open page on the internet browser, clicking onto the link to the little town of Ambrose, Louisiana. One she'd been able to trace back to for information from an old Polaroid. The one of her as a little girl, standing outside a museum.