CHAPTER EIGHT

WHO NEEDS FAMILY?

WHO NEEDS FAMILY?

When Ginny woke up with a pounding head, oh how she wished it was a well earned hangover but as her fingers gripped the pink floral sheets covered in a lair of dust, she knew she was still in the nightmare that was Ambrose.

Groaning quietly, Ginny sat up on the single bed holding a hand to her head, expecting got find blood coating her fingers, she however found them clean. As was the white vest that had been put on her slumbering body. Swallowing thickly, Ginny looked around the room. It was small and quaint, filled with pink and frills and a little wax dollhouse. She shakily got to her feet and made her way over to it. It was a replica of Bo's house... her house and in each room held a wax figure representing the Sinclairs. She picked up the one of her, running her thumb over it as a flash of a memory burst through her mind. This was her room. Her bed, her toys, her clothes. This was what was meant to be her life. It was everything she wanted to find, a family, brothers, answers but she'd never dreamed those would be murderous artists.

Setting the doll down, Ginny carefully made her way to her door, slumping slightly in relief as she found it unlocked before silently creeping out into the hall. It was empty, safe for a few boxes of clutter. She strained her ear for any sound of her crazed brothers but it was nothing but crickets. She wasn't so sure that was a good thing. Her eyes caught sight of an ajar door and so she made her way over, peering inside before letting herself in. It was an office, a doctors one. Her fathers.

Her stomach turned as she ran her eyes over the glass jars filled with various animal foetuses before her gaze landed on a bed complete with leather straps and then she remembered what Bo said. How their father would tie their mother down as she screamed into the night. Seeing the bed had another flash go through her mind, and she remembered.

Standing in the doorway as her mother cried out for help, little Ginny was frozen as she watched before a hand on her shoulder turned her away and led her back down the hall. She peered up at her brother with big blue eyes "What's wrong with mama, Bo?"

"Don't you worry about it." He assured, flinching as their mother's scream turned into a wail before he cleared his throat and put on a smile as he ushered her inside her bedroom "Now go on, get back into bed, little lady."

Ginny nodded, scurrying her bare feet back across the floor before climbing up into her bed. She settled down as Bo rushed off, pulling her covers up to her chin but she couldn't sleep, not with her mother's cries and screams coming from just down the hall. The creak of her door had her look up to see Vincent, his eyes peering at her in concern through the wax mask he'd made himself. He'd started to cover his scars after a little girl in church screamed at the sight but Ginny didn't understand why she was so scared. She knew her brother only looked different from Bo because their father had to pull them apart. Conjoined twins he'd called them but Ginny thought he was just as handsome "Will you read me a story, Vincent?"