CHAPTER FIVE

ROADKILL

ROADKILL

A raging hangover wasn't the only thing Ginny awoke to the next morning, for as she came to, groaning silently at the sounds of the early birds song, she soon remembered just where she was and who with. The Lifton girl shot up, her sleeping bag falling down her chest as she peered to the snoring figure on her right. Nick Jones.

The flashbacks began and Ginny held her hands to her flushed cheeks as she remembered their night of debauchery. God, Carly would have a stroke when she found out. Careful not to wake the boy, Ginny pull on Nick's discarded sweatshirt and a pair of short's she'd originally planned to sleep in before sneaking quietly out of the tent into the somewhat stale morning air. Empty beer bottles littered the ground and Ginny sighed before beginning to collect a few on her way to the car. The Lifton girl paused outside Blake's car, snorting in amusement as she spotted a passed out Dalton spread out in the backseat, one leg hoisted up over onto the trunk shelf as the other was pressed up against the glass. Shaking her head, she left the boy to his dreams before slipping into the back seat of Wade's car where she left her backpack, shuffling through it until she found the polaroid.

Gently rubbing her thumb across the old memory, Ginny made her way to the camping chairs, settling down before the leftover smoke rising from the fire. A sigh escaped her as she stared at the sign above her head in the photo "House of Wax..."

A sudden snap of a branch had her jolt to her feet as her whipped towards the trees. The hair on the back of her neck raised and it almost felt like someone was watching her but she knew she was just paranoid. There was no one there

Just as she sighed in relief and turned away, a scream tore from her throat as she collided with a hard chest. Blake was quick to steady the girl, brown eyes wide as their friends scrambled from their tents in concern "Whoa, whoa, Ginny, it's just me."

The Lifton girl slumped in relief, heart racing as she ran her hands over her face "I'm sorry... sorry."

"Are you okay?" Carly questioned, wrapping her cardigan around her middle as she paced a hand on her friend's back.

"Yeah, yeah--" she sighed, glancing over at the trees once more "I just... I thought I heard someone."

Blake pat her on the back reassuringly before looking between the exhausted and hungover group "C'mon, let's get packed up and hit the road
🕯

Having finished packing up her stuff with her polaroid safely store in the pocket of her jeans, Ginny prepared to leave the tent only to be halted by a hand on her arm. Nick frowned as he peered down at her "Do you regret last night?"