Chapter 37: A promise

Kate Pov:

Its been a week. A week of not waking up to see Mollie running away from Louis, who tries to tickle her. Shes still in a coma. We dont know when shell come out of it. She missed her birthday. Shes twenty! As am I, seeing as my brithday is three days before hers. Yes, we celebrated. Niall told me he got me something, but it hasn't come yet. I wonder what it could be.  When we celebrated it, everyone was there, but Louis. Hes out of his wheelchair and can walk, but he'll limp fot a couple of days. He hasnt left her side. He only leaves if the doctors have to run test. All of ud force him to eat. Im worry about him. The guys have a new album coming out, Midnight Memories, (I wrote this when that album was coming out, dont judge) it'll out next week. Im so excited to hear it.

"Kate, are you ready?" My irish boyfriend calls from downstairs.

"Yeah! Let me grab my purse and shoes." I yell back.

Niall told me tk dress fancy for tonight. Hes taking me on a date. I dont know where, he wont give me any hints. Stubborn boy. So here I am getting on my two and half inch sliver sparkly heels on. Im wearing a purple (favorite color) dress, at the waist is a studded belt, it was sleeveless, but had a strap that started at my chest and went over my shoulder to the back. My makeup was just foundation, njde color lipstick with son gloss, and mascara. My hair was curled, more then usual, but it was in a messy up-do with a couple of pieces hanging out. Since I didn't have didn't ears periced,  I didnt have earings on. Once I got my shoes on, I walked downstairs. I saw Niall in a black tux with a red rose in his shirt pocket. He looked handsome.

Niall Pov:

As soon as Kate camr down my jaw dropped. She look asbsoultly stunning. Her purple dress made her blue eyes pop. I realized she had on mascara.  She never used all of makeup, which is good. She doesnt need it. When she saw me, her eyes lit up. Not as much as they use to, but they still lit up. Yeah, Mollie is still in a coma. Its been a week. Her dad was sent to prison after he was realised from the hostpial.

"You look beautiful, princess." I said taking her hand in mine. She blushed, she looks cute when she does that.

"You look handsome, my night in shiny armor." She said, I chuckled.

"Lets go shall we?" I asked.

"We shall." She giggled.

When we got to my car, I opened the door for her and helped her in. I jogged over to the drivers side and got in. Once wr started driving to our destination,  I reached over with one and and grabbed hers, intertwining our fingers.

"So where are we going?" She asked as I stopped at a red light.

"Surpise my love, surprise." I told her.

She pointed at this, which made me chuckles and kiss her cheek. Soon enough we arrived to a grassy area, but where were going to just a little walk in the forest to a lake. Only the five of us lads know about it, its great.

"Grass? I got dressed up, for grass?" She asked, I just laughed as we started walking to the lake.

"Nope, theres something else that I had you dress up for this lovely evening." I smiled down at her and out my arm around her waist.

She didn't say anything else, she just looked exctied. As we got closer, my nerves were starting to kick in. I was worried about what she was goung to say. What if she said no? What if she laughed at me. Soon so many what ifs were running through my mind, I didnt even notice we got there. I stopped right before we went in.

"You have to put this kn." I said putting a blindfold on her.

"What?! Niall James Horan! You know I hate it when I cant see! Take this damn thing off right now!" Kate shrieked which made me jump back.

"Dont worry, love. Youll only have it on for a couple of minutes." I said and pecked her lips, then dragged her onto the dock in the lake.

Everything was perfect. Harry's homemade pizza was on the table, with her favorite drink, apple juice. Red and white rose petals were scattered across the dock and water. Oh lord, the lads went over board.

"Okah, princess, im going to take the blindfold off now."

"Thank God! I was about it yank it off mysrlf. Never blindfold me ahian Horan." She warned.

I chuckled and slowly toom it off. She gasped once her eues focused. Oh god, she didn't like it. She hated it. She- my thoughts were interrupted by her kissing me.

"I love it." She whispers when she pulled away. I smiled like I had won a pot of gold.

"Thank God, I thought you hated thus." I confessed. She shook her head, she turned her head to look at the table and gasped running over to it.

"PIZZA! Oh my! Its Harry's homemade pizza! This is better then Mollies!" She gaped, drooling over the food. Yup, she is my girl.

I chuckled and walked over to the table and pulled out her chair for her. Once she was good, I sat down. We started a good conversation. It was mainly her talking and me just taking in her beauty. After we finished eating, I knew it was tims. I was more nervous now then when I was on the X-Factor. We both stood, I walked over to her and stood infront of her.

"Arent we leaving?" She asked looking like a lost puppy. I chuckled nersovuly. "Niall, honey, are you okay?" She asks worried for me.

"Yup, im fine." I smiled at her. "I just have to do something before we leave." She nodded nersouvly.

She had no idea what im about to do. Its been exactly two months since I asked her out. And whag im about to do can either make or break us. I was also worried becasue liam and Lauren were under the table the whole time. They here to get a picture for when I was going to ask Kate. They kept tickling me and making me fidget. Curse them. Their making me more nervous then I need to be. This little velvet box in my pocket is burning a hole. Okay, here goes nothing. I hope she says yes becasue I know I love her. I go to get down one knee, but wjen I do, I loose my balance and fall into the lake. I pop my head back up to see Kate laughing. I also hear snorts comin coming under the table. Smooth Horan, very smooth. Once im back on the dock with kate, who is still laughing seeing im dripping wet. Soon im laughing with her. Tears start to roll down our faces from laughing, but a hand comes out and pinches my lower leg. I sober up and look st my princess still laughing.

"Kate.. will you marry me?" I blurt out and she stops mid snort.

"...excuse me.." she whispers and I reach for the little wet box in my pocket.

"Look... I know these past few months have been wile, but I...I love you. I cant think of anyone else id rather spend my life with. Youre beautiful, funny, clever, and I could just go om forever. The fact is, were both to young to marry. So I want you to have this." I open the little box with two silver bands in it. "Sorry there a little wet. Its two promise rings. I know your going to uni and mabey have a job for a few years before you want to settle down, but I just always want to be sure that yiur mine." I finish on one knee holding out the box.

Fir a few moments, shes silent, her face is pale. What if she says no?! What if im pushing her, mabey shes not ready to make this commitment. Just as im about to close the box and apologize, when she abruptly stand uo and tackle me. Making us fall into the lake, luckily, I dropped the box on the dock. We both came uo after wr fell in.

"Yes!" She screams with a smiles and pulls my face towards her.

I hear a loud click, signifying that someome is taking pictures. A moment later, lauren and liam come out from the table. Kate doesnt seem to mind though. She just turns to me and kisses me, in the most perfect, passionate, sweetest way. The camera flashes nermous times, but neither of us bother to break the kiss, rather we deepen it. Lauren burst into laughter for what seems like the first time ever, while liam shouts 'GET IT!'. They scramble up to get our half eaten cheesecake then disappear into the forest. Leaving me and Kate aloneat the lake, under the starry night.

Hello!! I really hope yall liked it. Thought it would he nice to have a change for a little bit. So I know it wasnt exsctly about Mollie and Louis, but Idc. Haha jk, I wanted to do something else besides with those two. And that was Niall way of celebrating Kate's bday with her. How cute! Okay, this isnt going anywhere. Next chapter jsnt going to be with mollie and louis either. But the chapter after thay might make yall cry. Btw I didnt write, my friend wanted to write it. So I let her xD bye!
~Mollie