Chapter 18

Eret POV:

I walked up to Tommy's door, wondering what he was up to. Wilbur asked me to check on him, so I knocked and waited for a response.

"Yea?" He sounded tired, I guess with all the excitement we were all tired out.

"It's Eret, can I come in?" I asked, keeping my voice low in case anyone had fallen alseep already. It was only 6:40, but better safe then sorry.

"Mhm." I opened the door to see Tommy sitting on his bed with his tablet and Vikkstar plush, pausing the video just after I heard Vikkstar's voice through the speaker. "Hey."

"Hi! How are you doing?" He gave a shrug as I sat down beside him, glancing at his tablet to see I was right, he was watching Vikkstar. "You really like him, don't you?" I said with a small chuckle.

"Yep!" He said, immediately perking up at the mention of his idol. "He had this plush made for me for my birthday! Isn't that poggers? He's so nice and his content is so cool!" I listened to Tommy ramble on about his idol and smiled, happy to see him so engaged in conversation. Ever since we met up I began to question why anyone wouldn't like the boy. He was loud and clingy, sure, but underneath that cover is a passionate, sweet, fun-loving boy with a not so great past. I could see why Wilbur would consider him a brother. I noticed Tommy yawning and as he snuggled up beside me and I once again smiled.

'he really is just like a little kid,' I thought as I felt my eyelids droop. I wasn't sure what to make of him, but he really was a great kid. Loud and mean one minute, kind and childish the next. That was what made Tommy himself, and I wouldn't trade it for the world.

Wilbur POV:

I entered Tommy's room to find him and Eret asleep, Tommy cuddled up into his chest. Some part of me wanted to go into overprotective brother mode, but for some reason I trusted Eret. I decided to leave them be, but not before snapping a picture to show to Techno and Phil.

"Goodnight Tommy, goodnight Eret." I whispered as I shut the door.

For the first time in a while, I felt as though everything would be ok.

I felt calm.