Chapter 6 (more focused on william)

William laid his hands in his lap, grateful that Henry wasn't pushing him away, even if he didn't forgive him. It felt nice to know that Henry was thinking about forgiving him. Suddenly, a little tap hit his foot. William looked at it and saw that Henry, who was sitting next to him on the gas station counter, was tapping his dress shoe up against William's. Tap-tappy-tap tap-tip tap. It was a little pattern.

William smiled and repeated the pattern back to him. Tap-tappy-tap tap-tip tap. He heard Henry give a tiny, almost inaudible, giggle. Henry repeated the pattern again but then spoke. "So, even though you're dead and you're wearing the illusion disk and all, they could still arrest you...?" William sighed. "Technically they can arrest me, but most of the time when I start seeing posters with my name and face on them or something, I go into an alley and take the illusion disk off before acting like a broken robot." Henry nodded and repeated the pattern again.

"Ah.... I realized something." William sharply exhaled. Henry looked at him. "Hm? What is it Willy?" William smiled at the sound of his old nickname. "Well... I've kinda been hanging out in abandoned buildings lately but... your neighborhood is nice so.. there aren't really any for me to stay in. Being completely homeless doesn't sound extremely fun." William tried to work his way into manipulating Henry. If only he could make Henry believe it was his idea to let William stay with him... Hopefully he was just as easy to get to after the month William was gone.

"Oh! I mean... it's not really a good idea, but you can stay with... with me if you want..!" William could tell Henry suspected he was being manipulated. William wrapped his arms around Henry, crushing his arms to his sides. "Thanks, Hen Hen!" Henry started whimpering which confused William. He quickly let go and scooted away. "What? What's the matter, Henry?" Henry had one hand in his fluffy red hair and was breathing a little erratically.

William loved Henry's hair. It was so unique. He'd spent a lot of time just playing with Henry's hair when they were still best friends. It was a shade of red you would have thought only paint could make. And his freckles were the type that made you want to play connect the dots on his face.

"Henry! Calm down, mate. I'm sorry. I shouldn't have hugged you... you probably felt trapped." Henry nodded. William smiled. He didn't care if Henry felt trapped. If he felt trapped that's what William wanted, for Henry to know William was under control now. If William was here, Henry was his.

William glanced at the gas station doors, glaring at the people that peered through the glass, obviously wondering why the doors were locked at 2:00pm. "Henry... when does your shift end? I'm kind of tired... and I know you moved, so I can't walk to your house. I went to check your old house last night and almost got arrested because of some strangers." Henry took a few more deep breaths and sat up, glancing at the watch on his wrist. "My shift ends now, actually!"

Henry jumped off the counter and William jumped down after him. It was funny to watch as Henry's eyes widen and his cheeks blush red from embarrassment when he saw people waiting outside the doors. He ran over and unlocked them, apologizing over and over again before William followed him out to Henry's car. Henry, such a gentleman, ran over to William's door and opened it for him, waiting there until he got all the way in, and shut it behind him.

"Alright... I guess I'll have to clean up when I get home. I've been lazy lately." That statement shocked William. Henry was never lazy and his house was always spotless. Henry started the car and drove until he turned down a street William had walked around many times in the past three days. He hit the heel of his hand into his forehead. He'd walked past Henry's house at least ten times.

Henry parked the car in the driveway of a old two-story house and walked to the front door, William trailing him. He opened the door.

"Welcome to my humble estate." Henry said, gesturing for William to enter.