DeAngelo Bailey incident

I felt the same weird feeling when I landed on my feet. It was cold and I instantly regretted only putting on a light jacket. And being in Detroit in January, there was also snow and ice everywhere. I looked down at my neck and noticed I had a school aid's necklace. Great, so now I don't have to be invisible.

I looked at my surroundings. I was outside in front a blue playground. There were small children playing on it. Behind me was part of the school building. To my right there was concrete for a basketball court and beyond that, another playground. I wonder where Marshall is.

"He's out here, somewhere." Said H2, the voice inside my head. "But you better hurry if you want to prevent from him getting hurt again."

What? Why? Where is he?

"He's about to get his most substantial injury yet."

Where is he? I said impatiently in my mind.

"Look to your right."

I turned my head and squinted. I saw a snowball being thrown at another student. Wait, I think that's Marshall. Oh, no. I quickly ran across the basketball court towards the other playground. "Hey!"

As I got closer, I saw the fat dark skinned kid punched another kid in his stomach. That DeAngelo Bailey abusing 9-year-old Marshall. "Stop!" And I was a 21-year-old confronting a 11-year-old.

"Oh, crap! C'mon, Angelo!" Said one of his friends

"Oh, crap! C'mon, Angelo!" Said one of his friends. I finally went into the scene. Marshall was laying on the floor, whimpering. His friends began running before I caught up to them.

"I saw what you did! You're the one who keeps harassing Marshall!" I yelled after DeAngelo. He ignored me as he tried to run away before I caught his shirt and pushed him to the ground. His friends were astonished but since they didn't want to get in trouble, they fled.

"Get off me!" He struggled off. I gave him a punch in the face. I grabbed snow on the ground shoved it into his nose and mouth so he couldn't breath. He tried kicking me before I punched him again.

"I am going to hurt you so bad. You'll try and blame this on Marshall, but he's weak, he can't hit you this hard." I punched his nose again, it began bleeding.

"Please, I'm sorry." He began.

"Not good enough." I punched him again. I rose up, with DeAngelo still on the ground, whimpering. "If you ever hurt Marshall again, I'm gonna fucking kill you." I kicked him in the balls and left him on the ground before I rushed back towards Marshall. He was laying still on the snow. Some of the kids saw what I did to DeAngelo but didn't say anything. I kneeled beside him. He was half conscious.

"Marshall, are you alright? I took care of DeAngelo for you. He won't hurt you anymore." I said softly. His nose and ears were bleeding.

"M-mom?" He spoke weakly. Can't believe this is my very first conversation with him.

"No, sweetie. But we have to get you to a hospital, quick." I gently carried him up like a baby and quickly rushed him inside the school building. Then the voice spung into my head again.

"You have to hurry. DeAngelo's friends told on you. The teachers are looking for you. And you know it's a felon for an adult to hit a minor, right? It's child abuse."

I'm sorry, but he deserved it.

"Well, you have a minute and a half, tops until they find you." Said H2. I understood. I quickly rushed through the hallways. The classes where empty since after recess, school had been over. Where do I put him? I just can't leave him here. Then it's as if my answer had been heard.

"Marshall! Where are you? Marshall!" His mother had spotted me. Since it had been about 8 years but for me it was only yesterday, she got older. This time she had her blonde hair again. "Oh, my god!" She rushed towards me.

"You must be her mother." I carried the unconscious Marshall into Debbie's arms.

Debbie started crying. "Who did this?" She spat. I was running out of time as I heard other voices down the hall as well.

"There she is! The girl that assaulted DeAngelo Bailey!" It was a teacher. I quickly turned to face Debbie.

"It was DeAngelo Bailey. He is Marshall's bully and has been ever since he transferred to this school." I spoke quickly. "Look, I have to go."

"Wait--."

But I left rushing towards the other side of the hall as the teacher followed me. I thought of becoming invisible and it worked. The teacher was confused but kept searching. I stood there, catching my breath before the world began to spin again. Great, it's ending already.

"Not yet." H2 said. The room turned not into my bedroom, but in a hospital room. And there was Marshall laying on the bed coming in and out of consciousness. Debbie was extremely worrying as the doctor was explained what was wrong with him and how long he was going to have to stay here; for a week. And no one noticed me because I was still invisible.

"Oh, my poor baby." Debbie said and she touched Marshall's chestnut brown hair. He was still so cute and so small to go through something like this. He flinched an eye and started screaming out of nowhere. "Shh, shh. It's okay. Mom's here. You're safe now."

He started crying. He was traumatized. It hurt me so bad to see him like this. If only I'd been quicker to the scene and Marshall wouldn't have gotten that hurt.

He tried saying something but stuttered. "T-there was s-someone. S-she, she helped me, mom."

"What did she look like?" Debbie asked.

"S-she had h/c. S-she was as old a-as you."

(Remember, h/c is the your hair color.)

Debbie's eyes lit. She knew exactly who had carried Marshall back into her arms. She knew me. "Yeah, I saw her. She carried you and brought you to me. Do you know her?"

Marshall began looking sleepy again. But all he managed was a shake of a head before he fell back into his conscious. The room began spinning around, and I laid back into my bedroom again.

"Congratulations! You slightly changed the future!" It was H2.

I rose up from my bed. Oh, shit. "What do you mean? How big of a change?"

"Well, let's just say, you made it into his song in the Slim Shady LP, released 1999; Brain Damage."

I chuckled. "I did? That's crazy. That's so cool! Can I listen to it?"

H2 smiled, "you would have to wait until the SSLP is released. But that's if he never saw you again. You can still change the future." He explained.

I nodded.

"So, choose your clothes because we are now going to when Marshall's half-brother, Nathan was born. February 13, 1986."