2.A DARK FUTURE

Fear

Fear.

A natural, powerful human emotion, it grips you from your core. Chilling us to the bone.

Olivia had been experiencing fear the last 15 days.

15 days.

It had been 15 days since Olivia and Carlos had been taken. She didn't know why it hurt so much knowing her family hadn't even noticed she was taken, or maybe they did and just didn't care- that thought hurt her more.

They had been put in a cell and so far nothing had happened to them, but she and Carlos both knew that would change soon.

There was always screaming somewhere in the building. Either that or they could hear people instructing where to burn the bodies of those who didn't survive.

"Do you think anyone knows we are here?" Olivia questioned quietly.

They were leaning against a wall, close as possible for any form of comfort they could get.

"I doubt it. " Carlos replied shakily inching himself closer to her. That was another thing they had in common. They both had no one apart from each other to rely on.

"They don't even know we are gone, do they?"

"Probably not, we both have asshole families." Carlos told her laughing shakily. "Liv, I'm going to protect you. I need you to know that. And I need you to know that I love you." Carlos told her his voice thick with emotion.

"I don't think you can this time Carlos." Olivia replied tears in her eyes and her lip wobbling. "I love you too."

They pulled each other into a hug, squeezing the life out of each other.

The metal door suddenly clanged open making them break apart but remain close as they looked at it.

A heavily equipped man followed by 4 other men walked in a loaded gun in his hands. He glared down at the two before pointing it at Olivia.

"You. Girl come with me."

"No." exclaimed Carlos shifting so he was slightly infront of her.

"Now. before I put a bullet in your head." he sneered.

Olivia took a shaky breath standing up slowly sending a sad smile to Carlos who looked at her with worry. He shook his head defiantly standing up as well.

"She's not going anywhere with you." he said sounding much more confident than he felt.

"Shut up now." the man barked. He was getting angry the longer this took.

"Carlos leave it please." Olivia whispered scared.

"Shh Liv it will be fine" Carlos said sending her a small smile before turning back to the man and glaring defiantly.