5.REGRETS

HOPE DIDN'T KNOW HER SISTER WELL

HOPE DIDN'T KNOW HER SISTER WELL.When they were younger they had been close like typical sisters. But it all changed when she got her powers.

Suddenly she could do all these new cool things and well Olivia just couldn't. They had shared a room until Hope got her powers and then she was gifted with a new one full of magical things to keep her entertained for hours. And then suddenly they were at different schools. It just made sense to her that they were different.

Leaning against a locker at her sisters school she couldn't help looking around imaging Olivia in her day to day life here. She wondered what she would be up to. Would she be with her friends gossiping about some trivial teenage thing. Or would she be tucked away in a corner studying for an upcoming test.

She jumped slightly hearing her father raise his voice in the principals office. Him and her mom had went in to see if there was any information but by the sounds of it it wasn't going well.

Students wandered by laughing and joking with friends. A girl laughed breaking off from her group of friends and going to a locker a couple down from the one Hope was leaning on.

"Excuse me?" Hope asked walking towards her slightly.

The girl looked up surprised but offered her a smile.

"Oh hey, uh what can I do for you?"

"Do you know Olivia Mikaelson?"

The girls smile dropped a bit into one of pity, "Yeah course I know liv, everyone does."

Hope felt her heart drop at the look and she stepped closer. "Everyone?"

The girl looked around almost anxiously. "Well yeah especially after last week."

"Last week?" Hope questioned confused.

The girl stared at her in slight shock. "Did you not hear? Her best friend was murdered, people are saying she had to watch him die."

Hopes mouth fell open slightly, surely they would off heard of this?

"Honestly I feel so bad for the girl, losing her only friend in such a violent way so young? Carlos was such a sweetheart too. I sat next to him in maths, it's just not the same without him. Anyway everyone feels bad for her have you not heard the rumour?"

Hope felt her heart drop more, "what rumour?"

The girl stepped closer lowering her voice slightly, "That she has a sister but they go to different schools because her family can't stand the sight of her. I mean I wouldn't be surprised if it's true. She's never once talked about them. Not that I blame her if my family did something like that I think I'd honestly kill myself."

Hope simply stared in shock, "This boy? Carlos? Was he her only friend?"

The girl shook her head, "Well not always she used to hang out with that boy Landon? I think his name was. The one who went to that freak school."

Hope felt like everything was falling down on her. Landon used to be friends with her sister? Her boyfriend Landon?

"Oh shit I'm gonna be late! Anyway hope that helped!" The girl exclaimed giving her a smile before rushing off.

Hope remained frozen in place until her parents rushed out not even five minutes later. Frustration on there faces, they looked around coming over to her when they spotted her.

"Hope, darling what's wrong?" Her mom asked worried.

"I know who she meant by ex friends." Hope told them, "we have to go to school."

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3

Landon was already sitting in Alaric's office when they arrived, the rest of the family sitting there two and lastly Alaric.

"Great! Now that everyone's here want to tell me what the hell is going on?" Alaric asked.

"My sister Olivia left a suicide note, she's missing and we think she's going to try kill herself."

Alaric froze in place. "That wasn't what I was expecting."

"She's what?" Landon said, his voice full of fear.

Klaus turned and looked at the boy his daughter was dating who also could hold all the answers they needed.

"Landon?" Elijah asked the boy who looked up at them all anxiously.

"I'd heard a rumour about our friend being killed but I just assumed it wasn't true." He whispered guiltily.

"Is there anywhere the three of you used to hang out?"

"Yeah there is." He told them looking up grimly.

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3

They sped there as fast as they could but it was already too late.

Hayley collapsed into Elijah who supported her weight easily, wounded cries escaped her mouth as she stared at the place her daughter had killed herself. Nothing left standing.

Davina looked away sadly hugging Kol who couldn't bare to look at the place where his niece had spent her final moments. They had been too late.

Klaus froze feeling tears well up in her eyes and he quickly brought his oldest daughter close to him. Hugging her tightly as she cried. It wasn't supposed to turn out like this. They were supposed to find her and everything would be fine. She would forgive them, but there was no forgiving now. Olivia Mikaelson was dead.