4. TRUTH

Hope Mikaelson stepped out of her family's car, laughing at a joke her uncle Kol had said

Hope Mikaelson stepped out of her family's car, laughing at a joke her uncle Kol had said. They had just gotten back from a week long road trip.

She grabbed her bag from the trunk, before turning to her family. " I'm going to go see Olivia quickly and then we can go get dinner?"

Her family's mood seemed to dampen when she mentioned her sister. And they glanced surprised at her as she mentioned going to see her but didn't question it.

"Tell her to come down, will you?" Her father asked angrily. "Apparently she has been skipping school all week"

"Honestly that girl!" Her mother huffed rolling her  eyes. "Always causing trouble for us"

Hope nodded before bounding into the house and up the stairs to Olivia's room, stopping briefly to but her bags into her own room.

It wasn't common for Hope to go see her sister willing unless she wanted something. But Hope had, had a feeling that something was wrong with her before they left for their trip and the feeling only got more and more worse as the trip went on.

She stopped outside her sisters door and knocked, she waited a moment and when she didn't get a reply knocked again.

"Olivia?" She called, knocking once more. "Look I know we don't exactly get on but I got you a souvenir, I thought maybe I could tell you about the trip!"  Hope suggested hoping it would make her sister open the door and she would open the door ready for one of their chats they would have when they were young.

Huffing when she got no reply, she put her hand on the handle. "I'm coming in!" She warned before opening the door quickly only to be met with the sight of an empty room.

She groaned slightly in exasperation, she had been hoping her sister was there so that they could talk.

Just as she was turning to leave she spotted an envelope siting on Olivia's bed. She glanced curiously at it before striding over and grabbing it.

She studied it seeing Mikaelson Family written on it, raising an eyebrow she ripped it open and began reading it. Her heart dropping more and more as she read on.

What started with silent tears soon turned into full blown sobbing, the Mikaelson's hearing their Beloved Hope upset rushed upstairs. Crowding around her, offering words of comfort and hugs.

They repeatedly asked what was wrong only getting sobs as answers, her Uncle Elijah scanned the room looking for what could have made her so upset and spotted the letter on the bed.

She picked it up, gaining the attention of the others.

"Hope, did this letter make you upset?" He questioned worriedly.

Hope only nodded as she hugged her mother who continued to whisper words of comfort to her.

"Read it to us Elijah!" Her father demanded.

Elijah nodded, clearing his throat before he started reading.

" Dear Mikaelson family,
Did you know my name in the bible is seen as a symbol of peace? Ironic isn't it that all I seemed to cause in my life was death and destruction.
By the time you read this my suffering will be over. Some bad shit happened and I couldn't stop it, I need everything to stop and it will. I've made sure it will.
If you haven't pieced together my hints already then I'll just tell you, I'm going to kill myself, wow shocker I know. I can already practically hear your thoughts 'That pathetic human girl and her stupidness' or something along the lines of that.
But this isn't some quick decision I made, I think I've been building up to this for a long time. Probably my whole life.
I hate you all I really do, I don't know if their was a time that you ever loved me. But I loved you. Every single one of you, I tried my hardest to make you guys like me but I guess I failed. I always fail.
If you want to know where it all started, how my life led to this. You must first find the truth. Must learn about those who wronged me and yes that includes you and how my life got even more fucked in such a short period of time. My friends or well ex-friends hold the key to the truth.
I wish you luck and I do hope that I never have to see you again. In this world or another.

Yours Truly,
Olivia Diana Mikaelson"

Their was a heavy and thick silence, no one dared break it. The only sound in the room was Hope's cry's.

"She could still be alive" klaus declared although his voice cracked slightly.

"He's right we can't give up hope" Rebekah said wiping the tears that fell from her eyes off her face.

"We need to go to her school, find out her where she goes who her friends are, we still have time" Hope said standing quickly.

They all nodded determined, quickly striding to the front door and taking off to the car.