3.PAIN

PAIN IS DIFFERENT FOR EVERYONE

PAIN IS DIFFERENT FOR EVERYONE. it could be a small twinge or sting, a bit or soreness or a random jolt, the everyday kind of pains.

But then there's the different kind. The emotional kind. It builds up inside, tearing you up until it's like you cant breathe. A level of pain that blocks out everything else, you try to ignore it but cant. It just keeps suffocating you until all you can think about is the pain.

Everyone deals with pain in their own way, some pain can leave us. Some doesn't. Either way the memory will always be there.

The memory of Carlos falling to the floor and bleeding out, played in a loop in her mind. She felt suffocated with each breath she took. It should of been me. i could of helped him. Were the constant crushing thoughts.

Olivia lay on her bed, on her back. Silent tears streaming down her face. At this point she was in too much pain to even sob.

Her 'family' hadnt even noticed she was gone, as soon as she got in covered in her best friend's blood and a distant look on her face she was immediately being yelled at for skipping school. She'd nodded at the appropriate points, eyes distant and face blank. They had then stormed out leaving the damaged girl to grieve.

That was a week ago, it's safe to say the last week had been the worst of her life. Not only was her best friend dead, but her family had went off on some family vacation for in their words 'to make some memories of Hope while she is still young.' As if they didn't do enough of that anyway.

Hope had been the only one to notice something was wrong with her and even then she didn't do much to change it. She had tried to talk to her but after getting no response had gotten fed up  and simply left.

Overall it all led to her current decision.

Olivia finished writing the letter, a single tear dropping down onto it.

She had already dropped off a package for an old friend so this was her last stop.

She stood quietly and picked up the letter before gently setting it on her made bed, she looked around what was her room for the last time, taking in the bare walls she had never decorated in fear of her family mocking it.

There was two picture frames on her side table, one of her when she was five with her family and the other of Carlos.

Picking it up she studied the picture, it was from her tenth birthday- she remembered the day clearly. The family were sat together crowded around Hope. Big smiles on their faces. She was in the background. Sad expression on her face as she watched them.