1

Henrietta was always beautiful in the fall. The tress would turn various reds and yellows and the ground was littered with multicolored leaves.

Fall was my favorite season. It marked the start of a new school year, cooler weather and exciting activities with my friends. Almost everyday after work Adam would stop by Monmouth and drop off spiced muffins and new teas. Gansey and I would start heading to the library every weekend to study and read up on our favorite subjects. Ronan and I well, Ronan and I would sneak into the apple orchard at night and watch the stars.

Soft September wind kissed my face as i walked down the road back to Monmouth, an old warehouse my friends and I lived in. While i had a car, i preferred walking to and from school until winter hit and it was to cold to walk.

I had the unfortunate luck of going to public school while all my friends attended a private school, Aglionby Academy. Meaning, i got out an hour before them and had to wait at home all alone until they got out.

Monmouth was nearing. It was a large brick building with huge windows and vines crawling up the sides. I entered the parking lot it was in. Ronan's BMW was here, no surprise Gansey drove him to school everyday anyway.

I climbed up the stairs to the second floor and entered. It was always a mess here. Books and papers were scattered over the floor. A large map lined with post its and thumb tacks hung lopsided in the living room and the couches messily surrounded a cheap coffee table Ronan had found at a thrift store.

In the kitchen cups piled in the sink but atleast we did the dishes every other day. Fairy lights were strung around in the kitchen hanging by duct tape and herbs in pots grew on the windowsill above the sink. A kitchen island stood smack in the center of the room and on it was a vase filled with sunflowers, curtsey of Adam.

I check the fridge for something edible, we'd need to go food shopping soon. I settled on an apple and half a croissant for my afternoon snack and headed back into the living room.

Multi colored blanks were draped over the red couches and strange throw pillows were on the floor. Gansey, Ronan and Adam would be arriving soon so i just settled in with my food and picked up my book, a Court of Silver Flames.
~
"Whats up what's up!" Ronan shouted as he and three boys entered Monmouth.

He threw his bag on the floor next to the door and plopped next to me on the couch. Adam followed and Gansey closed the door, dropping his bag nicely next to Ronan's.

"Whatcha reading?" Adam asked as i put my book on my lap.

"probably some smutty romance." Snorted Ronan.

"oh shut it." i sighed. "how was school?"

"it was alright. Whelks been creeping on us all week though." Gansey responded slinging his leg over the arm of the couch.

"I've been trying to tell him, someone's watching us, with all the Leyline stuff." Adam added.

"everything we've done is all public knowledge it's not like we're hiding anything." Gansey rolled his eyes.

Adam was always a bit anxious, skeptical. Who could blame him though? He lived in a shitty trailer with even shittier parents who abused him.

We continued to chat a bit more about school and local things. The Noah came out of his room.

"oh Noah i didn't even know you were home!" I said as he sat beside Gansey.

"sorry i didn't let you know i was preoccupied with some stuff."

Noah, along Gansey, Ronan and I, was the other inhabitant of Monmouth. Though he was barely around he was one of my closest friends.

"Hey how bout we go to Ninos tonight? I'm craving some pizza." Ronan rubbed his stomach sadly.

"actually that sounds like a good idea." Gansey responded. "Adam, Noah you coming with?"

Adam shook his head, Noah averted his eyes.

"look just come, you don't have to eat or anything, just hang." i encouraged. Noah didn't like Ninos too much.

"i'll come." He gave in and followed us as we got out and went to Ganseys car.

Ganseys car was anything but normal. It was an orange camaro he liked to call the pig and somehow the smell of gasoline was forever imprinted on it. Gansey and Ronan took front seats leaving Adam, Noah and I to pile in the back. Ronan blasted some terrible irish music and we were off.

(first chapter ahhhhh. this will probably be poorly written because i'm writing from my phone but idc tho. hope you enjoyyyyy)