RED . impossibilities

red, simply put, is a lot. it's anger, it's a headrush, it's the feeling of walking out and being walked out on. it is devoid of emotion and simmering with it simultaneously, however impossible that is. it's the color of their cheeks, flushed for some reason that's no longer important enough to remember; lipstick stains and puffy eyes. it's a color that embodies chaos, welcomes noise with open arms and malicious eyes but grows wary soon after, closing off and shutting down. it's the color of the beads on your wrist, their fingertips on your skin; love and loss, highs and lows, peaks and crashes. with red, there is no middle ground because it is everything or it is nothing and it is resolute in this, if nothing else. it is messy first kisses, fumbling in the dimness of a musty movie theatre; it is messier breakups months later, shouts and whispers hanging in the air with matching volume, unwilling to fade into the mist. red is hazy, red is youth, red is everything you promise to never do, everything you take an oath for with alcohol on your breath and freedom on your mind. it is suffocating and loud in a way that paints your nose and pushes your hair back. red is the color of impossibilities.