BLUE . possibilities

similarly to yellow, blue should be simple, it should be sadness. however, blue is often viewed as the juxtaposition of red; thus, logically blue should be red's counterpart. while it may be the color of tears, the color of shattering and splintering and crumbling and "no more," it is also the color of stumbling back up and falling haphazardly back together and feeling only for a second a flicker of desire to scream at no one in particular. it is reaching for clinking glass bottles, thick and mottled, to drown out the oath and it is shaking hands and stumbling alone in darkness. throughout, blue stands resolute; an expanse of sea and sky stretching on for what you wish to believe is forever because something needs to last that long, it needs to. it is the base of the spark, controlled and concentrated to a level red cannot match, yet burning steadily nonetheless. it is the color of masked optimism, hidden emotion, falling apart and sticking back together. blue is a desolate attraction, pretty once and abandoned now but standing still. it is stretching ocean and learning ropes and finding footing and smiling again. it is darkness and it is light because you must slip to have blue, the color of possibilities.