Kidnapped

Skyler

"Skylar! There you are table 6 hasn't been served yet can you cover it please?" Jerry, my coworker asked

I reluctantly agreed, grateful there was only 5 minutes left till closure. Hopefully this was going be the last table so I could go home, relax, and maybe do a bit of revision for my upcoming exams.

While my part time job at the cafe helped pay the bills, I was currently studying pharmacy at the university of Leeds. I chose pharmacy because I had always loved chemistry and I was fascinated by how different chemicals reacted to make life changing medicines.

Working at the cafe was really tiring, but the pay was ok and the people were nice so I didn't mind it. Today however had been especially tiring and I just want it to end ASAP.

Taking a deep breath and trying to prepare myself I made my way over to table 6.
"Hi I'm Skylar and how can I help you?"
They gave me their order, smiling and talking happily amongst themselves while I wrote it down and then left to tell the chef.

Finally, after what felt like hours, the family left and I got to go home. I said goodbye to everyone and walked out  breathing a sigh of relief as the long day was finally over and I could go home to relax.

As I was leaving I got out my phone to call Noelle and let her know I was on my way home.

Noelle was my best friend. I know this sounds cliché but I'd known Noelle since we were about 3 and we had been inseparable ever since. She meant everything to me and I trusted her with my life. We lived together in a small flat which was great because even though it wasn't very big it was our little flat and I wouldn't have wanted to share it with anyone else.

"Hey Nelly you're at the flat right?"

"Yeah I am, what's up?"

"Nothing just wanted to let u know I'm on my way back I will be about 10 mins"

"Ok that's cool. Also, when you get back we are watching this new rom com on netflix it looks really good."

"What is it with you and Rom Coms we must have watched over 100 of them" I responded laughing.

"This one looks really good though, you have to watch it with me you don't have a choice" She said trying to defend herself

"Ok ok I'll watch it! Anyways I'll see you when I get back then bye"

"Bye Sky see you later"

I hung up the phone concentrating now on getting back

As I was walking I got this overwhelming feeling I was being watched. I decided to ignore it, I was probably just being paranoid. Why would someone be watching me anyway? The feeling ,however, just got worse and worse as I kept walking, but it was only 5 minutes to my house so I just sped up, completely ignoring my gut yelling at me that something was wrong.

Suddenly I felt someone grab me from behind. I opened my mouth to scream but promptly felt something pressed onto it. I realised it must have chloroform or something similar on it so I held my breath and began kicking and punching my attacker but to no avail. Eventually I had to give in and inhaled the chemicals in still trying but failing to get away.

"Shhh that's it stop fighting it" was the last thing I heard before everything went dark.