Noelle

Noelle

1 month.

That's how long it had been since Skylar went missing and the police still claimed to have no new leads. It was absolutely ridiculous. They have been looking for ages you would think they would have something by now but apparently not. All they got was that she was in Scotland but we have no clue how she got there and she could be somewhere completely different by now so that turned out to be a dead end, and even that they found out a month ago and nothings happened since. I finished making tea and sat next to Roman, Skylar's father, silently handing him his mug. Sitting next to him with my own mug I let out a sigh of frustration.

"She's dead, isn't she?" Roman randomly blurted out, breaking the silence.

I had to wait a moment to process what he had just said. I was in shock that he would even think that let alone say it.

"What! why would you say that, we don't know she's dead there's still hope." I responded concerned about what was going on in his head.

She couldn't be dead. I know that's what everyone says but u refused to believe she was gone. The police hadn't found a body, they hadn't even found any blood so In my eyes she wasn't dead until I physically saw her body. It was hard enough as it was without her, the only thing keeping me going was the possibility of seeing her again. I couldn't imagine what hell she was going through if she was alive though, but I couldn't accept that she was dead either. I know it sounds selfish but I needed to believe she was alive or I would have lost it. She was everything to me so I wasn't about to give up on her that easily.

"But it's been a month, don't you think we should accept the fact that chances are she is most likely dead? The police are even starting to give up they won't say it but they have other cases to get to and they are getting nowhere with Skylars case so maybe we should-"

"No" I cut him off. "We have no evidence that she is dead or alive but we need to still have hope. Look at me," I said turning towards him. He looked at me and seeing the pain in his eyes made me want to cry. He didn't deserve this, none of us did. Olivia had closed herself off to everyone and just focused on her work, Roman was struggling to get through every day and I was trying so hard to make sure we all got through this together. Whoever had done this to us was going to pay when we found them, I was going to make sure of that.

"The police will find something, they have to. If she was dead surely they would have found a body by now or some sort of clue as to who hurt her. You have to keep having hope, she will come back to us and we need to stay strong and get through this, For her" I added trying so hard to not to cry . He looked and me again with tears in his eyes and I immediately pulled him into a hug.

"It's going to be okay, we are going to be okay, I promise" I comforted. I felt him gradually relax and calm down and I let out a sigh of relief internally before pulling away from the embrace.

The TV was blaring on in the background and I turned towards it as the news reporter once again mentioned Skylars case. I was staying strong for Roman and Olivia but I also knew it was only a matter of time before they even stopped showing her on the news. It was going to be hard for all of us but like I said I still had hope that she would be found and I held onto that.

We watched as the TV played the press conference we had done not long after Skylar disappeared. God, that felt like ages ago, back when we were still in shock hoping this was all a dream.

"Please, Skylar if your seeing this, know that we love you, and we are just waiting for you to come home, we need you and we won't stop looking for you and we need you to know that."

I felt my eyes become wet again hearing Olivia's heartbroken voice. She was constantly focused on her work going in early and coming back late she barely talked to anyone anymore. I was pretty sure that wasn't healthy but there wasn't much anyone could do. It was an awful situation and we were all coping in our own way, healthy or not. I looked at the time and realised it was coming to 11:00pm so I turned the TV off and realised Roman was already asleep. Sighing I covered him in a blanket and went up to the guest bedroom that had basically become my room.

There was only a few weeks till university started again and I wasn't sure I was even ready. Don't get me wrong, I loved doing law, I just wasn't sure if I could handle going back with everything that was going on. I tried to ignore all the thoughts running through my head as lay down in bed and closed my eyes, suddenly realising how exhausted I was.

I am going to find you Skylar, I promise

That was my last thought before I finally succumbed to sleep and allowed myself to forget everything as the world around me slowly faded away.

Hey sorry for taking so long to update (again) it's so hard to find time to write and come up with ideas but please bear with me.

Hope you are enjoying the story so far and remember to keep voting and telling me what you think. Please let me know if there's any way I can improve because I know it's not perfect so I would love to have your input