Chapter 4: A Night To Remember

Rory's POV
*2 months later*
Well now I am officially 3 months pregnant and I only have told my mom and Lane. I started showing a little bit this past week so I have been wearing baggy clothes to hide it from everyone. I figure now is the time I need to tell everyone because pretty soon baggy clothes won't be able to hide it. Grandma is coming to visit today and I plan on yelling her. I know she's gonna want to know who the father is, but if I tell her, she might call Logan and tell him. I will tell her it was just a one night stand, I know she won't like that, but it's better than her telling Logan. I asked mom if she could tell Luke for me, so at least that's one less person I need to tell myself. I had my three month check up today and everything went smoothly, the baby and I are both healthy and doing well.

*The next day*

I am so happy yesterday is over. Grandma was not happy to hear I was repeating history, but she still offered me her support. Luke looked absolutely stunned when mom told him. It just made him hate Logan more than he already did. I also called Paris and told her, she was annoyed that I always refused to be one of her surrogates and now I'm pregnant. Today would be a better day, Jess was coming over to do some work on my book. I had written almost all of it, but I have been struggling with the end a little. While I am working on that, Jess and I have started on editing the first few chapters.
*Hears a knock at the door*
"Oh if it isn't the one and only Jess Mariano, author, publisher, editor, nephew, son, brother..." I started to say while laughing.
"Yes, yes, I'm a man of many trades" He said as he took a step inside. We had been spending almost everyday together for the past two months working on this book which usually led to us hanging out afterwards. It was getting harder and harder to hide my pregnancy from him because we spent so much time together. We sat down in our usual spot at the kitchen table and got to work. We were working on chapter 2 today and we finally got to the part where Dean arrives.
"Oh yipee, Dean, my favorite old friend from high school" Jess said with a laugh.
"Aw come on, he's important to the story" I said with a chuckle.
"He couldn't have been that important if you left him for me" Jess blurted out.
"Well, I did love him at first, so maybe not when you waltzed into town, but there was a time where I really loved him, so yes he is important to the story." I replied. We got back to work and I couldn't help but notice Jess staring at me every few minutes. I started staring back when he wasn't looking. I am not going to lie, these last couple months with him have been really great. I catch myself wanting to stare at him all the time. I just look at him and feel so proud, he's exactly who I knew he always could be. Smart, Successful, Hardworking, Dedicated, very very hot. That last bit I liked to keep to myself, but wow he was hot. He was always hot, but now it was like a mature hot. I am getting off track here, I need to focus on my book, not how hot Jess is.
* a few hours later*
I could tell Jess and I both really needed a break, so I suggested we go for a walk. It was evening time during January in Stars Hollow, all the christmas lights were still up and it was just absolutely beautiful. We headed out and started walking towards the center of town.
"So how have you liked staying in Stars Hollow these past few months?" I asked him.
"Honestly, a lot more than I expected. I hated it here when I was a teen, but now, I don't know, I just have a little more patience for all the crazy town stuff. I guess I also missed the people a little bit" He replied with a grin.
"I definitely missed it in my time away. I never thought at 32 I would end up back here again." I stated.
"Neither did I, but hey, I am happy we're both here together" Jess said with a smile. We got to the center of town to see Taylor had some horse and carriage rides going around.
"You wanna go for a ride?" Jess asked me.
"I'd love to, just don't jump in it while it's moving this time" I laughed, reminiscing about our last carriage ride at the bracebridge dinner. We got into one of the carriages and it was absolutely beautiful. There was lights everywhere and snow on the ground, it really felt like magic. It was cold and Jess and I were sharing this tiny little blanket. I felt his arm reach around me and I felt so safe in his arms. I rested my head against his chest while his arm was around me. I looked up at him to see him looking down at me, we locked eyes and it felt like we were the only two people in the world. We were snuggled up for the rest of the carriage ride and just sat and enjoyed the scenery. At the end of the ride, he offered me his hand to get out of the carriage. Then we took a stroll around the rest of town. I locked arms with him as we walked side by side. He walked me back to my place because it was getting late. We stood outside on my front patio, staring at each other. Suddenly I felt his hand around my waist and on my face. We both started leaning in until our lips finally touched. I had wanted to kiss him for so long, but I never knew if he felt the same way. He was always such a good kisser and this proved it. It started off slow and gentle, but got more passionate. It felt like this whole night was magic. However, reality set in for me. I abruptly pulled away.
"Jess I'm pregnant" I blurted out.