Chapter 8: 911...What's Your Emergency?

Jess' POV
Rory and I really nailed chapter 7 today. I'm
super proud of how this book is coming along. I walked her home to her house because I get a little nervous with her being alone and pregnant at night.
"Nice work today Gilmore, I think we really nailed this chapter" I said to Rory.
"It's a good one definitely. Thank you for all your help again it means so much. This book wouldn't be where it is without you, or even existing because you gave me the idea to write it. So what I'm trying to say is—" Rory stopped as I saw her eyes go blank. In a blink of an eye she was passing out. I quickly caught her before she fell and hit her head on the porch.
"Rory! Rory! Wake Up!" I started yelling. I was in complete and total panic. She wasn't responding to my yelling. I immediately called 911. It was like deja vu from the car accident when I called 911, but this time was so much worse. She was unconscious and unresponsive.
"911 what's your emergency?" the person on the phone asked.
"I need an ambulance, my friend is 5 months pregnant and just randomly passed out on her porch, and she's not waking up" I said frantically.
"Help is on the way, check her pulse and if she's breathing" the person told me. I checked her pulse and her breathing and thankfully those were both okay.
"Come on Rory, please wake up, It's me Jess, I'm here, you're gonna be okay, help is on the way, but I need you to be okay for me and for this baby" I pleaded to an unconscious Rory. I had never felt more helpless in my life than I did in this moment. I wouldn't be able to live with myself if she wasn't okay. I started to feel guilty, like maybe this all would've been avoided if I had payed for attention to how she was feeling today. I couldn't even remember if she had mentioned not feeling well. As I sat there pleading to Rory as I held her in my arms, the ambulance finally showed up. The rest felt like some sort of nightmare you'd see on a tv show. Them rushing her onto the ambulance and poking and prodding at a still unconscious Rory. I hopped onto the ambulance with her and held her hand the whole ride to the hospital. I called Lorelai and Luke to tell them what happened and to meet us at the hospital. It broke my heart to see Rory like this. I just needed her to be okay. Once we got to the hospital they whisked her away to do testing and figure out what was wrong. I tried to go with her.
"Sir, you can't go past here" the paramedic said to me.
"Please just let me—" I replied before I was interrupted by the paramedic telling me no.
Now it was time for me to wait in the infamous waiting room just like all the other people desperately hoping their loved one was okay....