Chapter 6: Somewhere Only We Know

Rory's POV
2 weeks have gone by and I still have not seen Jess since I told him. I miss him. We went from seeing each other everyday to not at all. Today is the first day we will see each other in person since that night because we have to go over some stuff in person for the book. I'm nervous it's gonna be weird and awkward, especially since we kissed. Finally I hear a knock at the door, it's Jess.
"Hey" I said with a smile.
"Hey, would you mind if we took a walk first?" Jess asked me.
"Yes of course" I replied. I slipped my shoes on and headed out the door as we walked around. It was pretty quiet on the way there. He took me to our old favorite spot on the bridge. I smiled when I saw it. It brought back so many good memories.
"I figured I would bring you to our old spot on the bridge." Jess said. "I wanted to apologize to you. I feel really bad for the way I reacted and I just needed a little space to see that. I want you to know I'm here for you, as your friend, with anything you need. I don't want you to feel like you can't talk about it around me. I also brought us some food from Luke's. I figured we could have a picnic here while we catch up" Jess smiled. I couldn't help but smile too. I can't believe he did all this. He was so sweet.
"Jess, you don't need to be sorry. I completely understand your reaction. Thank you though for doing all this, it means a lot. And I am starving" I said with a laugh. It felt good to be back here in this spot. It felt even better to be here with Jess and to be talking again. We spent the rest of the afternoon eating, talking, working, and laughing together. It was perfect.