Future

Future

what will happen to someone or something in the time that is to come

-Cambridge Dictionary

~~~

Tired from today's filming, Bin went home. He opened the door to his penthouse and sat on his couch in the living room. He closed his eyes to rest for a moment but he was quickly distracted by the sound he heard from his kitchen.

He slowly stood up. Grabbed a golf club that was in the living room and tiptoed towards the kitchen. All of the lights in his house were closed and was surprised when the kitchen lights were open. While he was peeking at the door, he saw a woman standing at her back in front of the stove.

"Yejin?" He surprisingly asked.

The woman was startled when she heard a voice from the kitchen door that the spoon she was holding fell off.

"Bin? I thought you're going to be late? Why are you so early?" A slight disappointment showed on Yejin's face.

"I was not feeling well and asked the director if filming could end early. What are you doing here?"

Yejin lowered her head, "I wanted to surprise you... You said earlier that you're having a headache and I want to make you the dumpling soup I made from scratch."

Bin was touched by his girlfriend's gesture. He smiled and walked towards Yejin. He wrapped her in a tight embrace and genuinely said, "This is enough. You are more than enough."

"I know," Yejin playfully smirked and broke off their hug. She held Bin's face with both of her hands and said, "But I still want to cook for you. Why don't you sit down and I'll just finish cooking. I'm almost done so it'll be quick."

"Alright alright." Bin smiled, "Do you need any help?"

"No." Yejin quickly answered, "Just sit right there and wait for me."

After a few minutes, Yejin walked towards the dining table with a hot pot in her hands and placed it in front of his boyfriend, "Tada! It's all done." She lifted the lid, grabbed a spoon, and scooped. She blew the soup before feeding Bin with the spoon.

Bin sipped and looked at Yejin. Without a single word, he grabbed the spoon from Yejin, took out a dumpling from the soup, and had a bite.

"This is so much better, Yejin. The dumpling tastes so good and not that salty." She earned a smack on his arm from Yejin, "Why? It's true." Bin chuckled.

Yejin rolled her eyes, laughed, and curiously asked, "Is it really that good?"

He saw how curious his girlfriend is with her eyebrows raised, "It really is. I hope this soup will greet me every time I come home."

A curve was seen on Yejin's eyes, "Then I'll make sure to cook it for you whenever you want it."

"That would be great. And I would love seeing that eyesmile whenever I come home," and Yejin's eyesmile deepen.

"Ah wait, I'll get the other food in the kitchen and I'll join you." 

She ran towards the kitchen and placed some side dishes. They enjoyed their dinner and Bin forgot he was having a bad headache and realized, Yejin is the only one who can cure him. She was his personal medicine.