Predestination

Predestination

the belief that everything that will happen has already been decided by God or fate and cannot be changed

-Merriam-Webster Dictionary

~~~

Author's note: Apologies, it took a while for me to update but updates may not come by quickly as before since I just started a new job. :)

Anyways, enjoy this long entry. My mind can't stop thinking of ideas and my fingers can't stop typing which resulted that this story contains almost 2,000 words. ^.^ Have fun!!

~~~

January 1, 2026

Bin texted Yejin at around 8 am

Bin: "Hey! Are you free today?"

Yejin: "Why? Do you want to have lunch together?"

Bin: "Are you free the whole day, I mean?"

Yejin blinked twice after seeing Bin's message.

Yejin: "Ohh. Yes, I think so. Why?"

Bin's lips turned upward and chuckled.

Bin: "Don't you remember how special today is?"

As Yejin glanced at the date today, she instantly called his boyfriend.

Yejin: "Omo. I'm sorry. I am so sorry."

Bin playfully asked Yejin, "What's so special today?"

"It's the day... we finally announced to the public that we're dating... I'm sorry." Yejin shyly said as she was still embarrassed that she forgot what kind of special day it is.

"Right. So are you free today?"

"Yes. I'll get ready, Binssi Oppa" She rode Bin's playful remarks by calling him Oppa and earned a chuckle from the man.

As their call ended, Yejin thought, "I need to make it up to him for forgetting about today."

They spend the whole day together. Bin really didn't mind that his girlfriend forgot about today's event but Yejin, on the other hand, still feels bothered. She was hoping he'll forgive her with a present she'll show as their day ends later.

They both decided to have lunch in Ryunique, a restaurant in Gangnam. They were welcomed by the staff and led the both of them to their table that was placed at the corner.

As they sat down, they were given the menu for them to order. "Are you craving for something, Yejin?" Bin asked. Yejin was scanning the menu and said, "Hmm... I'm not. I don't know what to pick. Everything looks so good... Can you order for us, Bin?"

Bin nodded. He switched his focus to the waiter beside them, "Can you give us the Hybrid Cuisine?"

"Of course, sir. Is there anything you would like to add?"

"That would be all. Thank you."

As the server left, Yejin looked at Bin with a pout on her face and said, "Sorry, Bin."

Bin chuckled, "Yejin, it's fine. Really. Don't think about it. We were busy these past few days. I understand."

"But it's not a valid reason to forget how special today is. I really feel bad," she said while lowering her head.