Happenstance

Happenstance

A chance or a chance situation, especially one producing a good result

-Cambridge Dictionary

~~~

Hyun Bin was working at the VAST office when he received a call from an unknown number.

"Hello?"

"Hi! This is Yoon Gae In from Cha Gangnam Medical Center. I'm calling because you're listed as an emergency contact of Ms. Son Ye Jin."

His eyes widened when he heard her name, "Yejin?! What happened to her?"

"She's fine now, Sir. She's just getting treated and she asked me to call her emergency contact. Would you mind coming here to pick her up? She might need a companion to help her go home."

"Yes. I'll be there in a bit." He immediately ran and left his office.

Upon arriving at the hospital's emergency room, he asked the first nurse he saw, "I'm looking for a patient named Son Ye Jin. Where is she?" The nurse told him the bed number and quickly ran to it. Panting, he slid the curtains to see whoever patient was hiding inside it and saw her. His eyes filled with worry when he saw his girlfriend wearing a cast on her right arm and has a crutch at the side of the bed that is clearly for her injured right leg.

"Omo. What happened?" He asked. Yejin was pouting at her boyfriend. She was obviously shy to tell him what happened with all the nurses around them.

"Sir..." the attending nurse tried to get Bin's attention but he's way too focused on the love of his life.

"Bin..." Yejin whispered.

He blinked and uttered, "Huh?"

"The nurse is calling you," she answered with her soft voice.

As he switched his gaze, the nurse began explaining, "Ms. Son had a little house accident and was rushed here. She has already done some tests and as you can see, she has some broken bones on her right side."

"Is she going to be okay? Does she need to get surgery?" Bin instantly asked when he heard her girlfriend broke some bones.

"Don't worry, Sir. The results were not serious injuries and just needed to be treated at home. But she definitely needed to rest so she could heal quickly. Light exercises would also help. We will check on her after a week if we can remove her cast."

Relieved, Bin nodded and managed Yejin's release from the hospital.

Yejin was asleep throughout the ride to her home so Bin didn't have a chance to ask her what happened.

As they reached Yejin's apartment, Bin helped her step out of his car and supported her to get inside her house as well. Upon stepping inside, he got all the answers he was looking for.

He saw a fallen chair in her garden, "Did you fall from the chair?"

She nodded, "I did... I was watering the pot up there." She managed to point at the certain plant.

"Why did you have to put it that high?"

The question made Yejin uncomfortable since she didn't know how to answer. Bin caught what she was feeling as she looked away, "I'll reach it for you later and put it in a much lower place, okay?"

She nodded.

Bin helped Yejin to settle on her bed and cooked dinner for her. He fed her, washed her with cloth, combed her hair, helped her with her skincare routine, and helped her settle her laptop which Bin opposed since he knows she'll be working. But Yejin promised that she'll just watch some movies.

He was hesitant about it so he stayed a little bit more. It's not that he didn't trust his girlfriend, but he wanted to make sure that she's getting the rest she needed.

They both lay down to watch a movie and Bin put his arms around Yejin so she could rest her head on his chest.

After finishing the movie, Bin checked on Yejin. She was sleeping so soundly. He didn't bother to wake her up to let her know that he's going. He carefully raised her head so he could remove his arms. He gently placed her head on the pillow and pulled a blanket over her. He was about to kiss her on her forehead but the cast Yejin was wearing caught his attention. He smiled playfully.

It was morning when Yejin woke up. She was alone and her laptop was already on her table. As she rose from the bed, she noticed something, "AISH. KIM TAE PYUNG!!!"

She immediately grabbed her phone and sent Bin a message.

Yejin: KIM TAE PYUNG!!! WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!!!
Bin: ^.^

^