#4 Her Shopping list

>  >  >  >  >  > 

•  Her shopping list  •

<  <  <  <  <  < 

Annika scrolled her trolley quicker when she heard the store announcement. They were closing in half an hour and she was still on level 1. Her trolley was filled with girl hygiene products. Scrubbers, shampoo, brushes, pads, etc. It was the final day of the sale and she waited for this sale for a long time.

She prepared a list of items and organized it according to her monthly needs. When Shivay saw her focus with such burning intensity, he was curious. And like a mad wife, she spilled it all. He laughed hard, right on her face.

“You’re a millionaire’s wife and you’re preparing for a sale?” He asked, still laughing, “You know I could buy ten supermarkets like that without draining ten percent of our total assets.”

Annika made a face, “You like to waste your fortune, no one’s stopping you. But I like to save my husband’s money so back off.”

Shivay’s eyes fell on the list again, and he just bit his lips to stop himself from laughing.

Annika shook off the memory, trotting from isle to isle, picking up useful items. Razor- tick. Bowls- tick. Butter knife- tick.

Her list was 3 pages long, but the papers were barely sticky note sized. She finished until page 2, when she found the third torn in half.

She made the list five days back and- now, she didn’t remember.

What should she do? Wait and just pass through the shelves, until it clicks. But she barely had twenty minutes.

She exhaled, and did what she dreaded to.
She called Shivay.

“Annika, when are you coming home?” he questioned before she could say anything.

“Uh- In half an hour Shivay, I-,” she flustered. She was second guessing it. Shivay would definitely make fun of her.

“Annika? Annika?”

“Aa yes Shivay. I-,”

“Annika? Are you in any danger?” his voice dropped in worry, “Wait.”

She kept finding the courage to ask him while he video called her.

“Oh bete ki. If I pick up he will know I’m here,” she panicked.

But then picked up, staring at the floor, “Annika where are you? Is that- are those pickle jars behind you?”

“Yes,” she said meeting his eyes. He was wearing her polka dotted apron, hands busy in vessels.

“Wait, are you in that supermarket?”

“Yes, Shivay. And before you start laughing again, I need your help.”

But he was already grinning wide, “You forgot the list didn’t you?”

“No! I have it. Just the last page- it’s torn. Do you remember what was written?”

“Hmm,” he wondered, wafs of dew emerging from beside him, from the heating vessel on the stove.

“If you don’t tell me, I will cut the phone right now,” Annika threatened.

“Wait,” he returned to his phone. He searched through his phone, before he went back to cooking.

“So?” Annika ran out of patience.

“Oh, sorry, this-dish. That day I took a photo of your list. Just in case. I’ve sent it to you check it.”

She ambled through her phone in surprise. It was there. All three pages photographed.

“Shivay, why did you take a picture?”

“Because I know you,” to which Annika snorted.

“So you knew I would lose the list?”

“No but the amount of preparations you were doing, I wanted to remember this,” Annika’s heart softened, “So you know ten years later, if the kids ask me about your hard work, I should have some proof to commemorate your hard work.”

“SHIVAY YOU- I'M COMING JUST,” Shivay chuckled.

“Come soon, I have made Fettuccini Pasta,” he closed the lid, and the dew lightened.

“Feta-what?”

“Pasta dumbo, come home fast. And get an apron. You didn’t tell me this one's torn from the sides,” he pulled at the torn edges of the apron.

“You tore my apron?” Annika forgot the list. She forgot the sale. She forgot it all.

“No,” Shivay said, shrugging nervously, “Okay honey, I think someone’s at the door.”

“Oh no one is, but I will be soon. So you better learn to stitch in half an hour or hide somewhere I can’t find you.”

> • > • >

My favorite part of Annika is when she throws threats like breathing.

The next one is called A shocking Sunday. And Shivay wakes up late in that one but that's not the most shocking thing. Okay see y'all tomorrow.