Burned (Carlos x reader)

Requested By: Emmapopsie6

Fandom: 911: Lone Star (Doctor AU)

Character/Ship: Carlos x female reader, TK x female OC (focuses on reader)

Prompt: Fire go boom

Warning(s): Cussing, but that's always a warning. Fire? Is that a warning?

A/N: I enjoyed writing this request. For the record, TK and Carlos aren't dating in this oneshot. I hope you like it Emmapopsie6!

"Emma! Come on!" I shout to my best friend and roommate. We're supposed to go out to the club tonight but Emma is taking forever to get ready.

"Jesus, I'm coming." She replies, walking out of her room.

I roll my eyes in fake annoyance. "Finally. Let's go." I start walking to the door of our apartment with Emma following behind me.

"Umm... (Y/n/n) (Your nickname), you didn't happen to leave the stove on did you?" Emma asks from the doorway of the kitchen. 

I didn't leave it on. I'm too careful. I do smell something burning though. Fuck. Shit. "Shit! What happened!" I shout/ask while running to the kitchen.

"There's a fire! Call 911! It's big! Really big!" Emma shouts at me.

"Got it!" I respond, grabbing my phone from my pocket and dialing the number.

"911 what is your emergency?" A calm female voice asks on the other side of the line.

I put her on speaker. "There's a fire! It's really big! We need help! We're at 2736 in apartment 306C. You need to evacuate the building!"

"Ok, my name is Grace. Help is on the way. You said we, who else is with you?" Grace asks.

Emma runs over to me as the fire starts to consume the living room and gets in front of the door, leaving us a small circle or not burnt ground. "I'm (Y/n), I'm with my roommate Emma."

"Hey Emma, hey (Y/n). Where is the fire right now?" 

"It's surrounding us on all sides, we have maybe 5 feet in each direction." Emma replies.

"Ok girls, everything will be ok. Do you have anything around you that could be used to put out the fire or put over your face so you don't inhale more smoke?" 

"Umm..." We both look around the small circle that's getting smaller quickly.  

"No!" We both shout.

"That's not what I was hoping for. The fire department is making its way up the stairs and to you while the police are evacuating everyone. I need you guys to get as close as you can in order to avoid getting burned." Grace tells us.

"Ok, now what?" I ask once Emma and I are huddled together.

"Get as close to the floor as possible without burning yourself. We can't have you inhaling too much smoke."

We slowly lower ourselves to the floor but I forgot that there was a rug right underneath me.

"SHIT!" I shout, holding my arm in pain as I get up from my fall. That's right. The stupid rug moved as I was getting down and I burned my arm.

"(Y/n), are you ok?" Emma asks in a panicked voice.

"Yeah."

"(Y/n), don't worry, the firefighters are at your door and then they will take you down to the paramedics who will then take you to the hospital." Grace tells me, and as soon as she says that, the voices of our saviors tell us to move away from the door.

"They're here!" Emma tells Grace.

"Hey Em, I don't feel so good..." I trail off, a little woozy.

"No ma'am, we can't have you passing out until the fire department can clear a way for you guys to get out." Grace says. "Emma, keep her awake as long as you can."

"Got it."

Suddenly, we hear the sound of fire extinguishers going off and footsteps coming towards us. I close my eyes, leaning against Emma, knowing that we're safe.

~Le Timeskip~

Beep. Beep. Beep.

What? Where am I? I try to open my eyes but they won't budge. The beeping speeds up as I start to panic. Footsteps rush towards me.

"Hey, calm down, you're ok, you're in the hospital." A man tells me.

I continue to panic as I can't move. After a minute of panicking, and the man begging me to stop panicking, I finally feel myself start to move again and I can open my eyes. The first thing I notice is that it's very bright.

The second thing I notice is that I'm laying on a bed in an itchy hospital gown. 

The third thing I notice is that there are two people besides my bed, one of them being asleep. Thanks, Emma.

"What the hell?" I croak out. "What happened?" I ask blearily, trying to sit up before the doctor rushes over and pushes me down by the shoulders gently.

Holy hell he's hot.

I probably shouldn't be thinking that about my doctor. I mean, he probably has a significant other. 

"Well, you got some burns along your arm and you passed out. You also inhaled a lot of smoke. I'm Carlos, your doctor." Carlos tells me.

"So that's why my lungs feel like shit. (Y/n), although I'm sure you know that. Can I sit up now?" I ask him.

"Yes, but I'm going to move the bed, you aren't allowed to move." He says.

I huff. "Fine."

As the bed moves up, Carlos laughs at my misfortune. "You know, it's not the worst thing, not being able to move." He lets me know. "I mean, people do what you tell them to all day."

"Then get me food and/or water, please. Being unconscious takes a toll on you and your body." I tell him sweetly, with an innocent smile on my face.

Again, he laughs, this time not at me but because of me. "Sure. I'll be back in a few minutes." He says leaving the room.

"Emma!" I shout at her. She doesn't wake up. "Wake the hell up!" I shout a little louder. This time she wakes up.

"What?" She asks, rubbing her eyes tiredly.

"Well," I start. "you fell asleep while I was unconscious in a hospital."

Still rubbing her eyes, she says "You were unconscious. I was tired."

"Fair enough. Who was your doctor?"

"This guy named TK. He's really nice and cute. Where's your doctor? Shouldn't they be here since you're awake?" She asks me. 

"He's already been here. You were just asleep." I tell her, chuckling quietly.

"Oh shut up." 

"I'm back with food and water." Carlos... er... Dr. Carlos? announces, opening the door with a tray in his hands.

"Thank you." I say.

~Another Timeskip~

It is now my 5th day at the hospital and I can finally go home! This hospital gown is really itchy. How do people make us wear these?

Walking out of the hospital in a comfy shirt and some jeans (with footwear, yes), I hear my name.

"(Y/n)!" Carlos huffs out, running to catch up to me.

I stop. "Yeah?" I ask when he finally gets here. Slowpoke.

"Would you maybe like to go out for coffee or something?" He asks once he's regained his breath.

"I would like that." I smile.