Eartha and Sten (HC and others)

First set of gym leader HCs. Starting with the twin duo of Amipbole Town (More may be added later)

Biological Info:

Full name: Eartha Steele and Stenley Steele

Sex: (Eartha) F, (Sten) M

Hair color: Light brown-grey

Eye color: (Eartha) Green, (Sten) Slate

-Eartha and Sten are Fraternal Twins (A rarity in the series). Eartha's the older one by only a few minutes though it's usually Sten who keeps track of his sister.

-Thier full names are Eartha Steele and Stenley Steele. Thier names are kind of a pun, Eartha' sounds a bit like "Earth and Steel" and Sten's sounds like "Stainless Steel" (same can go for their parents, "Sterling Steele and Celeste Steele")

-Sten hates being called by his full first name.

-Their first names are a play on the words Earth (Eartha) and Stone (Sten). This also reflects their preferred types when rematched later on. Eartha's team will be completely restructured around Ground Types and Sten's will be Rock. The Noggindrill used during the gym battle being replaced by their own respective aces since Arcrainum is their father's ace Pokémon.

-Eartha is a lot more down to earth and friendly compared to her brother. She's polite and rather slow to anger.

-Sten on the other hand is a lot more stubborn and quiet compared to his sister. He doesn't like it when people act annoying, especially if he's hanging out with Winton. If he's upset, he'll get quiet, but if someone were to continue to pester him he will snap at them.

-Their father was the gym leader before they took over. He stepped down so that he could run his mining business.

-Their father's name is Sterling (named after the type of sliver). He mainly uses Steel Types.

-Their mother is the Cosmic Type member of the Elite Four, Celeste

-Both are very passionate about digging/mining and have no issue with getting dirty/muddy. In fact, more often than not, one or the other (and sometimes both) will have dirt on their clothes, hands, or face.

-Speaking of dirt, Eartha and Sten don't mind being out and about while covered in dirt. They'll even attend important Gym Leader Conferences/League Meetings as is and no one really minds. Their job after all does consist with a lot of "dirty work" (Ba dum tisk!)

-As much as they want to deny it, both of have that "Twin Sync" thing going between them. Usually when they get excited or annoyed about something simultaneously. They also tend to complete each other's sentences if talking in turns (usually during their gym speeches)

-Both are a part of a little friend circle that consists of them, Winton, Flock, and Vesper. They all tend to hand out most of the time or even travel together.

-Both are big fans of the Pyramid King himself, Brandon. And one of the few times the two will break character and squeal like little children is when they hear anything cool or interesting has happened to him, or if by chance, the two hear that the Pyramid King is visiting their home region.

-Their relationship with their mother (Celeste) is very strained. If brought up, Eartha tends to stay quiet and Sten will scoff.

On to some more separate headcannons:

-Sten does not like trains. This was the result of a runaway minecart incident he was in as a kid in which he got hit. This did not bode well when the gym leaders had a conference in Unova. Sten kept getting into arguments with Cilian and by the time the train had arrived, froze up on the platform in front of the doorway and refused to move, forcing Eartha to shove him into the subway train. He was also sick during the trip and only wanted to stay in the hotel and sleep, but had to attend the meeting nonetheless.

-He's very protective over Eartha. Despite being the (technical) younger one (Though they are the same age), Sten has more of that overprotective older sibling instinct. Especially since Eartha does have a romantic interest in Winton, Sten does not approve.

-Eartha carries a pickaxe with her almost everywhere. Why? Who knows, not even Sten.

-She's rather strong too. Eartha claims she could lift up a large boulder without issue at age 12 (though this is likely just a tall tale).