(Lore) Darkrai and Dreamwalkers

"In a time when the Angel's (Novatta's) rage brought chaos to the lands, the Beast of the New Moon ravaged the dreams of many. People fell into deep slumbers, trapped within their own nightmares. Yet out of all the chaos, a group of individuals rose up to help combat the monster.

A group of people we call Dreamwalkers.

Said to have been marked by Cresselia itself. These individuals were immune to the Black Beast's powers. They entered the minds of those trapped to drive out the demon, allowing those affected to finally awaken from their endless nightmares.

Even long after the Angel was driven off by The Blinding Light, the Dreamwalkers remained. Helping to drive away the creature on every night that was a new moon."

- - -

Basic info:

Dreamwalkers. A term often used to describe individuals with the powers to both enter and manipulate the realm of dreams at their own will.

Said to have been blessed with their powers from Cressalia themselves. Dreamwalkers are the only known people with full immunity to Darkrai's Nightmares.

They have played a vital role in both the histories of ancient Dranowa and later the Hergekis during the time of Novatta's chaos. Legendaries ran rampid, bringing destruction in their wake. Among those were Darkrai, whom trapped many people within their own nightmares.

As the people of the region were too busy on trying to fight off Novatta, no one was around to deal with Darkrai. That was, until the Dreamwalkers showed themselves.

With their powers and Pokémon, they helped drive away Darkrai's influence and help those trapped within dreams to awaken. Following these events, the people of the region began to revere these people for their help. The king even honored them by establishing one of them as an Honorary Dreamwalker whose's job was to keep the people safe from any subconscious threat, rather that be Darkrai or something else.

Nowadays, The position of Honorary Dreamwalker has been replaced by a spot on the High Council with current acting member Dion being a descendant of the original HD.

Appearance:

Dreamwalkers appear as ordinary people save for a crescent-shaped mark on either their arms or back (Sometimes the mark will appear elsewhere in the body but is usually found in those two areas).
Powers:

As stated before, Dreamwalkers have the power to enter and bend the dreams of others and the Dream Realm to their own wills. A Dreamwalker may enter the Dream Realm at anytime (if they're skilled enough) or by making contact with the person who's Dreams they are trying to enter (often used by those who haven't honed their skills such as Dion or by those who want to enter a specific person's dreams).

Once they enter the Dream Realm, a Dreamwalker is free to use their powers. In the real world, a Dreamwalker will appear to enter a trance-like state to any onlookers. A Dreamwalker is also capable of bringing others with them into the Dream Realm.

A Dreamwalker's power varies from person to person. It all depends on the user. Most Dreamwalkers tend to user their powers to stop nightmares or read minds. Some even have the power to travel using the Dream Realm, though that power is more often utilized by the more experienced ones. You're more malicious Dreamwalkers will use their powers to trap or even kill people within the Dream Realm.

When coming out of the Dream Realm, a Dreamwalker will resume what they were doing in the real world as if nothing happened. Some even describe as feeling "fully rested" when coming out of a trance.

In the Pokémon World:

Dreamwalkers prefer to use Psychic, Ghost, and Fairy Type Pokémon. A few favorites include the Munna line, Ralts line, Hypno, Noctowl, Gengar, and the Elgyem Line.

The Pokémon Antarki and the Masking line from the Tandor region also prove to be very popular, espically amongst Hergakian Dreamwalkers. Antarki are often used when dealing with Darkrai induced nightmares. These Pokémon are trained to help guide those trapped within said nightmares to safety.

Masking and Dramsama on the other hand are a bit different.

Usually found under the ownership of powerful Dreamwalkers due to their hard-to-befriend nature. Even some of the strongest of Dreamwalkers have issues bonding with these Pokémon due to how drastically their minds work. But those who do have a powerful and loyal companion.

Other than a Tandorian Gym Leader (who is a non-Dreamwalker), only one known Dreamwalker nowadays had managed to forge a bind with a Dramsama. That being High Council member Dion.