Rayman HCs

Leader of Team Rapture, former member of the Dranowa E4, and the main antagonist of the Hergeki Isles Expansion

Biological Info:

Name: Rayman Larkspur

(Pronounced Ray-man)

Sex: Male

Hair color: Black, has patches of white in it

Eye color: Light Green

- - -

-Raman is a rather quiet and reserved person. He usually tries his best to keep himself composed (Though that can change if he is pushed or in other situations....)

-He is known to get rather violent and aggressive when angry. 

- Trust issues. Due to his upbringing and the loss of two of the closest people in his life (Matthew and Lucille, the latter who's alive) he doesn't trust easily. Those who he does trust he's afraid he'll loose (This applies greatly Berkeley)

- Has issues breathing around smoke. Raman will cough when exposed to it. Especially since one of his admins smokes (Mendel) and he doesn't listen when the boss tells him to do it outside.

-Has a tendency to slip into Tandorian Portuguese (His native tongue) when annoyed

-Does not like one of the Charters, Viktor, who is known for being a bit too protective of the Plant Gamma island where Rapture's underground base is located. He calls him Riktor.

- Prof Larkspur's son. He does have a very close resemblance to his father (minus the bald patch and glasses) but his eyes are those of his mother's (Who he never knew). Raman hates his father's guts and hates being referred to by his last name. He made it personal that he would capture the man and have him pay for his crimes against both Pokémon and those affected by the Plant Epsilon incident before turning Larkspur into the International Police when he was done with him (Raman spared him since he believes that Larkspur deserves to know what hell he put him through)

-Very knowledgeable when it comes to psychology. Raman knows what makes people tick and will use that to his advantage when he interrogates someone (Thankfully those people would be your lowlife scum like Larkspur or Cult members. He would never do that to an innocent or child). Heck he even has a degree in it alongside his Nuclear Physics one.

-Owns a lot of green spray paint that he uses to leave behind his "messages", signed with the signature R logo of his organization. Though most of it is used nowadays to graffiti messages on Plant Gamma's sign to "Riktor" or anyone he doesn't want near his base.

-Some of the grunts like to spread rumors about their boss being "dangerous" to scare the newbies. One unlucky rookie who was scared by these rumors accidentally bumped into Raman and nearly passed out from fright. Though it scared Raman more than anything.

-Can get a little carried away sometimes. Resulted in an incident in which during a call with Mendel about the best ways to clean up
Strontium-90, his Nucleon decided that it wanted attention (and some of his Halfi Berries which it's trainer was eating at the time). The Pokémon jumps in his lap and Raman starts going off about why Halfi Berries are so great, much to the confusion of his admins (Irrian had joined the call of his own accord to discuss something, Berks and Ruth were later added by Mendel) before he realized and promptly switched back to the other topic. To this day, Mendel still gives his boss a hard time about it.

-As mentioned above, Raman likes Halfi Berries. Despite being notoriously bitter and sour (thankfully the taste lingers for only half as long as a regular berry), he states that's the best part about them. He will also put the juices into anything that he eats/drinks that has spice or alcohol since it kills the effects.

-Originally from Tandor (born and raised) but moved to Dranowa following the Plant Epsilon and the Cleansing of Torren of it's Cults incidents (the latter he was responsible for)

-Raman was one of the scientists who worked on Project 092 (Urayne). He was just a simple college recruit at the time and one of the youngest members of the team. It was said that he was chosen was due to his brilliance.

-Creator behind the RAPTURES System. Originally going to be an addon to the CURIE Interface to act as a preservation unit in case the wearer was put in any sort of life threading situations (such as a Nuclear Meltdown) however it would be discontinued by Larkspur before it could be installed. Raman would continue the project in secret before turning into it's own separate suit, which he still wears to this day.

-He was drifter for a few years after the Meltdown and a few years prior to the events of Uranium. During that time he traveled to the Torren Region and was appalled by the Cult activity. He rescued a boy (later revealed to be Flock) who he would take with him to Dranowa before returning to Torren a few years later (after he managed to obtain Urayne) to purge the Region of Cult activity.

- Raman was very ill as a child. Though it's not stated directly about what he has but it's implied he has some sort of heart condition (likely some form of irregular heartbeat (Arrhythmia)) and some form of Asthma (The former playing a major role in the story while the latter is only briefly mentioned through postgame conversations with Irrian and Raman)

- He is technically a Cyborg though it can be difficult to tell since a majority of his implants are internal ones attached to his organs (located in his chest), designed to prevent any forms of organ failure or damage. Raman does have some visible metal plating on his chest but most of it is on his legs and arm.

- He also has a prosthetic arm. It functions just like a normal hand and can even be detached if need be.

-He can also use his prosthetic as a weapon. Either by detaching it, which he will usually use to slap someone before reattaching it (*cough cough* Mendel *cough cough*). Or method number dos, "the fake arm disarm". In which he grips an object as hard as possible with the fake arm before forcefully detaching it. This method has only been used once to dislodge something, though Berkeley claims that he could take someone's arm off with it if Raman felt like it.

-Hates wearing suits or anything formal. He claims that they irritate his implants.

-Raman doesn't sleep very well. He tends to have rather bad nightmares (especially when he's stressed out) so he often spends many a restless night either working, messing around on his personal computer, reading, or whatever he feels like doing until he (one) decides to go to bed, (two) spends the whole night awake, or (three) passes out on his desk and sleeps there. Sometimes a half-asleep Raman may get up and stumble back towards his room (if he can find it).

-Affectionately nicknamed Rames by Berkeley

-Very close with his Admins (Berkeley, Irrian, Mendel, and Rutherford (Ruth)). Raman views them as them as the family he never had and will go out of his way to make sure they stay safe, even if that means putting himself into danger (which drives Irrian crazy, being the team's doctor and all)

- Did not have a good childhood. His parents ignored him for the most part.

Let's end this one on a more wholesome note

-Raman likes to compose music on the side (mostly Electronic). Going under the alias ATOMSPLITTER, he's developed a bit of a following for his music. Even one of the Hergeki Charters is a fan of him (they primarily use Psychic types but have a musical theme to them, their Ace is the Tandorian Pokémon Paraboom). The player character will discover this if they examine Raman's computer or speak to him postgame if he is in his quarters at Rapture's base (He and a few other characters will appear in certain areas once you defeat Cathrine depending on the time of day/day of the week)