chapter 6: indignant

"So there we were sitting in Mickey's Diner and she just comes out of nowhere acting all chummy with Guy as if me and the rest of the guys weren't sitting right there! It was completely outrageous and apparently none of the boys even knew!" Connie was yelling over the phone about her situation.

"Do you know who she is?" Vienna asked, hopping onto her bed while she talked through the phone.

"Yeah, Belle Luckow. She's this little volleyball player with short brown hair and green eyes that makes you think she's so adorable when she's really a man stealing bitch!"

Vienna couldn't help but laugh, "Okay, calm down, Con. If Guy really likes you then their relationship will be over in no time."

"But I don't want to wait anymore! I thought Guy actually liked me this time!" Connie whined.

Vienna frowned and felt bad for her friend. "I know, I know. He's a jerk for either not making a move or leading you on."

"You think he was leading me on?"

"No, I'm just saying it's a possibility since he has this new girlfriend now but was showing interest in you—"

"Oh my god, he was leading me on!"

"Wait Connie—"

"That little dick. I'm gonna kill him when I see him!" she wailed.

And boy was she right. When they had their next practice, Coach Bombay had them practicing how to dramatize their falls in order to get indignant. Unfortunately for Guy, he was partnered with Connie and she definitely wasn't allowing him any room to fake his falls.

She had just hooked him hard and his butt hit the ice. "Ow Connie, would you tone it down?" he complained.

"Quit being a baby," Connie sassed.

Vienna let out a snort as she watched the two bicker. "Connie still mad about Belle?" Charlie, who was her partner, asked.

Vienna nodded and widened her eyes. "You betcha. Also, I think this means you owe me a coke," she said.

"No way, this doesn't mean anything. Maybe they broke up and that's why she's so mad," Charlie suggested.

"Okay go ask her and see," challenged Vienna.

Charlie glanced over at Connie who then viciously checked Guy to the ground. "Nah, I'm good. Maybe later."

"That's what I thought," Vienna smirked and hooked his left skate so that he fell hard.

"Fucking hell, Vie. You're supposed to let me fake it," Charlie groaned, rubbing his back while he stood up.

Vienna rolled her eyes. "It wasn't even that hard!" she protested.

"I don't even know why Coach wants us to cheat," Charlie mumbled, glancing at Bombay to make sure he didn't hear. He leaned forward to get ready to take Vienna down.

"Well do you have a better idea?" she questioned as she bent down for her turn. Charlie wrapped his stick around her ankle and pulled it towards him. Vienna hit the ice harder than she was expecting and glared at Charlie because she knew he was just trying to get back at her. "Very funny," she mocked while getting back up.

"I know, I'm pretty funny," Charlie boasted and without warning, Vienna hooked him again.

The District 5 team heaved their way to the locker room after yet another loss. Their cheating had failed them and the Jets won anyway.

"We can't even win when we cheat," Terry said as he threw off his helmet.