chapter 9: homecoming

this is part of a double update please make sure to read chapter 8 before this!!

Vienna took a deep breath as she looked at herself in the mirror. When she bought this dress, she was very hesitant about it but Cam had convinced her to buy it. It clung to her body and had cutouts that exposed her sides. It was risky, especially the color orange, but Cam said that nobody could pull off orange like she could, and Vienna believed her. But now she was having second thoughts.

She tried her best to talk herself out of her doubts because she didn't want to radiate insecure energy all night. Out her window, she saw Adam stomp out of his garage and get into his car. He was wearing black pants with a blue button up and a black bow tie. He looked pretty pissed if Vienna was being honest but she couldn't have guessed why.

The night before, Adam had forgotten to take the dogs out and Maxwell peed on the carpet. Lisa was very frustrated with Adam and decided to give him curfew for the night. He was supposed to sleepover at Larson's but now he had to be home by midnight. He was not very happy about this.

Vienna decided to shut her curtains and not get distracted. She went on to get ready and started to curl her hair. She was so concentrated that she didn't even hear the doorbell ring and practically jumped out of her seat when Cam appeared.

"Holy shit you scared me—when did you even get here?" she screamed.

Camari laughed and sat down on her bed. "Like ten seconds ago. You look hot, okay Enny!" she cheered and Vienna blushed as she rolled her eyes.

"You look pretty sexy yourself," she teased and Cam playfully twirled, although her hot pink bodycon dress did not flare up with her spin. "Larson is going to regret not asking you."

"Eh, I probably would've said no anyway," Cam sighed. "Wouldn't want to force you to go with your nemesis—actually I want to see how that would've gone."

Vienna rolled her eyes. "There is no way in hell I would have agreed to that. Besides, Adam probably has a date too."

"How come you call Garrett and Luke by their last names but you call Adam by his first?" Cam wondered. She usually liked to say whatever came to her mind even if it was completely changing the topic.

Vienna thought for a second and didn't even realize that she did that. When they were on the team together she called them all by their last names. Why did Adam's change?

"I think since I'm still forced to be with Adam at school, after I left their team I got used to calling him Adam," she shrugged. She didn't remember when she started calling Adam Adam. It just sort of happened.

Gail called from downstairs saying the pizza had arrived so the two girls ran down to eat their dinner. Gail complimented both of them on how pretty they looked and insisted that they take some pictures before they leave.