Chapter 34: Disapproval

Lisa's PoV

"Mom, Dad" I called shock...

"Whe-n did you came, why didn't you tell me for me to fetch you" I said and hugged the both of them.. kissing my mother's cheeks..

"It's supposed to surprise the both of you but seems like we're the one surprise here" she whispered then stare intently at Jennie..

Jennie just stood there awkwardly..

I quickly hold her hand to ease the nervousness she's feeling and my mother frown seeing what I just did..

"Hello, Mr. and Mrs. Brüschweiler" Jennie bowed down greeting my parents..

My father gave her a warm smile but my mom just glare at her..

"My daughter, what is she doing here?" She have a fake smile looking at me..

Mom obviously doesn't like her here..

"We invited Aunt Jennie to have lunch with us" Lexus is the one who answered and Mom smile at him..

"Is that so, you seems to be so close" Mom said squatting to level Lexus height

My son just nod innocently.. "She's my teacher, grandma and we go out together sometimes" he said..

Mom just smile at him fixing his hair..

"Your grandpa and I have brought a lot of gifts and chocolates for you.. do you want to check it?"

Lexus nod excitedly just mentioning the gifts and chocolates..

She then looked at me seriously and stand up..like saying we need to talk..

She turned to Dad.. "Honey, can you bring Lexus to his room and show him the gifts we have brought.." Mom looked at him and Dad nods..

"Come on my boy.. you love toy cars and chocolates right?"

Lexus humm and they went upstairs..

I can feel how Jennie's hand became cold and it's sweating sign that she's nervous..

I just squeeze her hand and smile at her..

Mom then sit and we followed..

"Lisa, what is that woman doing here?"

"Mom, Jennie have a name!"

She just looked at us uninterested..

"What's happening with the two of you.. aren't the both of you divorce already.. Don't tell me, you two get back together?"

"We are Mom" I bravely answered, She looked at me in disbelief..

"What are you thinking Lisa!?" She protested..

"Mrs. Brüschweiler please hear us out first" Jennie tried to speak up but Mom glare at her making her shut up..

"I'm not talking to you.." she gritted

"You know I have hated you the day I found out you cheated on my daughter.."

"And you really have the guts to chase her again after what you have done!?"

Jennie looked down guiltily..

"I love your daughter. Please give me a chance.. I wouldn't d-"