Chapter 18: Cinnabar Island! Mermaid Misty!

After catching a ferry, the gang were finally at Cinnabar Island.

Todd wasn't with them anymore; he took a path for the mountains to find more Pokémon to photograph.

"It says that Cinnabar Island is a tourist attraction," Brock said, "there is a hot springs there."

"Really?" Misty said excitedly, "Can we take a hot spring?"

Luna saw no problem with that. "I want to take a break as well, before heading off to the Gym." She said.

"And here," Brock said, "I can get my fossils restored." He remembered Professor Oak telling him that there was a Pokémon lab on Cinnabar Island that restored Pokémon Fossils.

When they docked on Cinnabar Island, they headed for the Pokémon Centre right away. Luna had her Pokémon checked out she wanted to make sure her Pokémon were ready for the Gym.

Tomo was with her, he liked staying by his sisters side.

Misty went to book for a hot spring and Brock headed to the Pokémon lab.

"Okay," Luna said, "let's ask where the Gym is?"

Just then a hippie came up to Luna, "You looking for the Gym?" He asked.

"Yes I am do you know where it is?" Luna asked.

"The Gym Leader Blaine built his Gym in a firey place where firefighters would never win." The Hippie said. Then he left.

"What did that man mean?" Tomo asked Luna.

"What that man said was a riddle Tomo," Luna said, "but I'm afraid I don't know the answer to that one. We'll ask the others later."

The gang met up again at the hot springs and soon they were relaxing in the baths.

"This was a great idea Mist." Luna said.

"I thought we could use a nice relaxation after all that we've been through." Misty said.

Pichu and Pikachu and Togepi were enjoying it too. Luna also let her Zorua, Plusle and Minun out of their PokéBalls since they are not battling. Tomo's Growlithe wasn't in the hot spring. As it was a fire type it didn't want to get wet, so Tomo placed him in Nurse Joy's care.

"Hey Brock," Luna said, "did you give your Fossils to the Pokémon lab?"

"Yes I did," Brock answred, "and the Professor said that I will be getting Kabuto and Omanyte tomorrow."

"We can collect them after the Gym Battle." Luna said, she then told the others about the hippie and the riddle.

"That would be a volcano." Misty said.

"Misty's right," Brock said, "a volcano's lava is something that a firefighter would never be able to put out, no matter how much water is used."

"I know the Gym Leader uses Fire Types," Luna said, "but isn't that a bit over the top for a Gym?"

"Well I must say I wouldn't put up a gym in a volcano," Brock explained, "but sometimes Gym Leaders like to make their gyms look suitable for what ever type of Pokémon they use. Like my Gym is full of rocks and boulders because we use rock Pokémon."

"That's right," Misty also explained, "remember my gym is like an Aquariam because it's a water Pokémon Gym."

Luna had to agree with that; Erika, the grass gym leader, had her gym look like a greenhouse. Lt Surge had his gym look electrical because of his electric Pokémon. And Sabrina's gym had psychics as assistants, as her gym used psychic Pokémon.