One

You grew up right beside him, along side Anastasius. You grew up being treated as the Saintess at a very young age which was a very special case in the Empire of Obelian. 

Just like how every nobles treated Anastasius as the heir to the throne, devotees and priest in the treated you with out most care as the future leader of the Church. 

You were there when he developed a good relationship with his elder brother, you were there when he was neglected, you're there when he and his older brother grew colder and colder towards each other.

You're always been by his side, you're there as his mother died, cried and comfort him. You're there when he caught his fiancee cheating on him with his older brother whom he still thought highly off.

You're always by his side, even the day when he killed of his older brother, claiming the throne in the process. You were there when his smile little by little into a frown before it turn emotionless. 

You're always by his side, that was given because you admire him, even when he became such person, you remained by his side. It wasn't his fault. Having to grew up with him you knew that he was originally such a bright person.

Now looking at the person you always adore, though he may not know how you feel about him, you thought being right beside him, giving him act of kindness would be enough.

"Today"

"Starting today, Prince Claude De Alger Obelia shall become the Emperor of Obelian Empire as the only one left to inherited the throne"

"In which I, (First name)(Last name) as the Saintess of the Temple acknowledges. Therefore"

You stop for a moment, looking at the kneeling blonde right in front of you ready to be crown.

"I here by declare Prince Claude De Alger Obelia as the Emperor, Emperor Claude De Alger Obelia of Obelian Empire"

You look around this time, looking at the nobles to witness the scene. You then turn into your left, picking up the shiny golden crown resting on a soft red pillow case.

May the blessing of the sun fall upon you

Carefully placing the crown above his head, you clasp your hands together. Holy looking smile painted on your lips as you said.

"It's done now your highness"

As soon as those words left your lips, he stood up, majestic looking face that seems to have no interest in the world was looking at the throne that was a couple of steps away from him.

"I greet the sun of the empire, Emperor Claude De Alger Obelia"

Your voice made him slowly look at you, who was now bowing right in front of him hands clasp around one another.

"We greet the sun of the Empire!"

With the voice of the nobles reaching his ears alongside seeing them bow respectfully at him. He finally said a word.

"Will you stay by my side"

It was more of a command rather than a question, his voice held nothing but command as he say so. 

It's not like you have another plan anyways.

Having him not commanding to raise their heads, the nobles were trying hard to suppress their curiosity between the conversation between you and the new Emperor.

"If that's what your highness wants"

You kneel on the ground one knee, the priestess right beside you about complain nevertheless afraid of the man right in front of you, he kept his mouth shut.

"Then I, (First name)(Last name) shall always stay by your side"

As he hold out his hand right in front of you, you kiss the back of his hand for your oath of loyalty.

Right after that, he calmly walk toward his throne, taking his sweet time as you stood up, still bowing but refuse to kneel just like the others and once again clasp your hands together and bow your head like a good saintess you are paying respect. 

"Raise your head"

And there you watch him become the Emperor of this land, together with you by his side.

Just a quick note

This story might be slight different form the original plot but this will of course follow the plot of the story, just a couple of twist here and there but it would follow it.