Nine

After one and half a decade, you once again set your foot on the imperial palace. With Theodore having to remained always by your side on your way back to teleport and having to tell you what happened during your sleep.

It seems like so far the father and daughter had a good relationship which is good, they meet when the princess much earlier when she was a child which was different of what in the memory of your other self has. It was good to hear. Maybe nothing bad would happened during this timeline. It was pretty much different than the previous one so far causing you to feel relief.

But it seems like it was only the beginning of the story. Having to reach the imperial castle, more the the imperial garden, the two of you continue to talk about that happened. Turns out after a magical explosion happened, the Emperor started acting weird once again, just like who he acted when he first loses Diana.

The more your aide talks is the more your smile sink, sadness pooling over those bright (eye color) iris having no piece of cloth to cover it.

Just like that a moment of silence fall upon you two as the two of you continue to walk down the flowery garden. Mindlessly follow a trail of plucked roses on the grass.

"As I thought I shouldn't have let you live"

It was a familiar voice you haven't heard for awhile that makes you look ahead

It was him, and not to far away from you, was a little lady in curly blonde hair, back facing you. It seems nostalgic, that night at the banquet. Except the fact that this time, it was their daughter who's back was facing you and that look he was giving her wasn't love struck, but was a look of hatred in it.

God no.

Just like that night at the banquet, you felt sick to your stomach, yet instead of running away, this time you went forwards as Claude continue.

"If I had removed you from my sight when I first saw you"

Stop

"There would be no reason for that face to weight on my mind like this till now"

Just want are you doing to your own daughter Claude?!

"How funny. That protection magic undoubtedly holds my mana"

Stop it

"Mana does not lie, I must have been the one to layer protection magic on that body"

Don't do it, stop it Claude.

"Yet I bet I'll also be the one to destroy it"

Don't do something you might regret later on.

"Claude!"

You scream on top of your lungs

"What are you doing?! Stop!"

Why were they so far away?

Nevertheless, he did not stop, continue to send his mana to attack his own daughter. All you could do was to run towards them as tears starts to roll down your cheeks

Because you know that look in his eyes. It was a look of agony, he was doing something he didn't want. There was something black you could see on his chest.

It's slowly killing him.

I don't want to die like this

What was that?

Not in the hands of Daddy

As you're about to reach the certain girl. She vanish in thin air saying.

"Goodbye, Daddy"

Leaving both you and Claude staring into the spot where she vanished. Taking a good few second to process what just happened.

You march towards him. You know it was not his fault, something was taking over him that is slowly killing him. You know you shouldn't get mad. But in times like this, all you could do was to stare at him with disbelief and said.

"What was that Claude?"

"Your majesty!"

"Your majesty, what happened here?"

"The Princess, where is Princess Athanasia?"

In the midst of their question, Theodore help you stand up from your fallen state.

"She disappears"

You answered on their behalf

"Right in front of our eyes she disappeared"

You added

"Your Holiness"

"Saintess!"

Shocked to see you here, Claude cut their surprise off

"Find her and bring her to me!"

"Just want are you planning to do with her?"

You replied to him, causing him to finally look at you, so you gave him a smile

"Hah"

He scoffs at you

"Finally back when I don't need you and remained missing when I needed you the most?"

His words cause your smile to twitch

"Why did you even come back?"

He turns his back at you

Nevertheless you remained composed and calm.

"I do admit that was my mistake"

You started

That was really your mistake, in the past or now. Thinking everything would be fine.

"But first of all, with all due respect Your Highness. Sleep"

You then snap your fingers

His words hurt, though it seems like you don't even have the time to feel hurt due to what's currently happening. Things are more complicated than you thought. But for now.

May you keep Princess Athanasia safe and sound

I'm sorry I couldn't come earlier