Fifteen

"Lily, Felix, (First name)"

Looking up from the papers you are currently reading, it was from the temple, the documents you need to read and assess before sending it back in there for at the current moment your presence is required here in the imperial castle. You turn to look at the princess.

"Have you ever been liked by someone?"

For a moment, you almost dropped the paper in your hand. A flash of heterochromia eyes came into you.

It was an image of Theodore looking at you.

No, that was impossible.

He was only doing his job, of course he'll always be looking at you.

"How do you guys realize that someone like you?"

Saintess-nim

Once again it was Theodore that came in mind, and this time it was his voice always calling after you.

You don't know why, but you started thinking of him. You know that he only stayed by your side because it was duty.

For the past few years ever since you're a young lady, never once have you receive such letters nor invitations. You even grow up alone with parental care with the exception of Anastasius and Claude whom you're with during childhood.

You don't know how it feels like being liked by someone because no one dared tried. To the point where you start to wonder if you're a lovable person from the first place.

Saintess-nim

You shake your head at the thought.

Yes, it's impossible for Theodore, nevertheless for someone to like nor love you.

In the end you're always ment to be alone.

Maybe that was the reason why you didn't even bother confess nor push your feelings for Claude.

You're ment to be alone.

"Then what about you (First name)?"

"Oh me?"

It seems like while you're drowning on your own thoughts, they kept talking about it.

"Oh well"

You rub the back of your neck

"I'm afraid I don't know how it feels like to be liked by someone, I never received such things like letter and invitation in the first place"

You nervously chuckle, clasp your hand

Seriously?

Is that everybody in the room, Lily, Felix and Athanasia thinks

What about Theodore? Doesn't Theodore like her?

"The-then what about Theodore Saintess-nim?"

Felix was the one who manage to spoke, asking you

"Theodore? He was just doing his job? doesn't he?"

You asked in return, litting your head to the side

"I do not know how it feels to be liked by someone, but I do know when someone like you"

You added

"But there are different kinds when it comes to form of liking someone, one would stay and care for you by your side, one would watch and care for you from afar, one would not show it at all but will always be by your side and the others might not show anything at all"

You spoke and smile by the end

In the mid of silence, there was a knock on the door.

"Saintess-nim, the emperor requires your presence right away"

The attendant spoke through the door which sounds argent.

"Well then, please excuse me Princess, Sir Felix, Lady Lily"

You said as you stand up

After bidding your goodbye, you went out the door, following the attendant towards the current location of the emperor when Felix question once again pop up inside your head.

what about Theodore Saintess-nim?

For a moment, you halt once again. Recalling that heterochromia eyes looking at you in such way.

"Saintess-nim?"

"Oh yes, coming"

You hurriedly follow the attendant as you realize you stopped in the middle of the hallway

Theodore,

Impossible right?

After all, you're meant to be alone.

Right?