03 | darkness consumes

cw: violence, descriptions of blood

The people of L'manberg made the woman feel welcomed, very quickly; most of them at least. Immediately giving her a space in the camarvan, where they all had been sleeping for the time being. They were all quiet nice to her, without generals orders. The passive boy, Tubbo, who was shy at first, began to warm up to her immensely. It didn't take much for all the others around to adjust to her presence; all except Eret and Fundy, who seemed fairly standoffish to her.

Beside that, all was well in the establishment. Only now when she had fallen asleep in the night, she was no longer greeted with the man's face. The one who's gentle eyes mesmerized her, the one who allow her traveling to be safe, who guided her here— he was gone.
She missed him, hoping he would show up in a dream; he never did.

She hoped this was a good sign, that she was in the right place, doing the right thing, like he wanted. Though, her selfishness wanted to see in again, hoping it would be in person, but she would settle to see him in a dream once more.
He saved her life, now he was only a memory.
Wishing to thank him for all he gifted her with, now she never got the chance. Often debating if he was even real, or if her mind made him up in a state of fright that she wasn't going to make it.

She could only dwell on such in the night though, the days she was kept busy. Wilbur always had something she could do.
Most days she trained the younger boys, as she was the best out of all the warriors. In charge of making everyone on the team better, while some took turns training, others were getting materials. Nobody was ever resting in the nation, unless darkness completely overthrew the sun.

Y/n really liked Wilbur, he was always very passionate about his leading. His charisma facing such a miserable time, with threats left and right, he treated it all very well; looking good while going so. Almost letting her forget about the man she hadn't met yet; though of course she could never permanently. She enjoyed a powerful man, it gave her a challenge— always endearing, though she could always use her smarts to come on top; learning such from an old friend.

Wilbur enjoyed her company as well, despite all the times she gave him a run for his money. He knew she was a hefty asset to the team, giving them a nice upper hand; more so leveling the playing fields. He was mesmerized by her skills, she was extremely talented for someone who randomly washed up outside his nation. She surprised him in many ways. Infatuated with how her mind worked, as it seemed to be very different than his— though he was besotted on more than just her brain.

Now it was growing night, she dreaded this time of day now that she would be all alone again drowning in thoughts; it made it just as hard as before. Only tonight, she wouldn't by herself — she had a mission.

"L/n!" Wilbur shouted to her as she was putting the practice swords away, shuffling boxes across the cement floor. Making her turn around mid movement.

"Yes sir?" She asks him.

"Can you go get Tubbo and Tommy, and meet me back over here?" His voice still shouts.
She nods, before walking farther away with the box of wooden swords.

The pair was standing idly by where she had to return the box, a perfect scenario.
"C'mon, Will wants to speak with us." She tugs of Tommy's jacket, while waving her arm in the opposite direction, signaling Tubbo to follow.

"Oh no, are we in trouble?" Tommy whispers anxiously, constantly up to anything he could manage. The girl was sure he could've been in trouble for a number of things, though she knew that this wasn't for that, or hoped at least. Only that didn't mean she wouldn't mess with his head, which is why she shrugged with a smug look. Leaving Tommy more anxious for the remainder of the short walk, knowing that if he were in trouble, with Wilbur dishing out consequences that it wouldn't be very fun.