06 | unspoken thoughts lurk in features

Y/n stood with Tommy at the gate of L'manberg together; per order. Tubbo and Fundy lurked on the walls, on lookout. While Wilbur sat inside the van reading the ominous letter that appeared. Worried it was a threat, so he set everyone to a station to be on watch.

"Ugh," Tommy shuffled around, before sitting on the grass. "my legs hurt!" He grumbles, rolling his eyes to the back of his head.
"Will is so dramatic! It's just a letter."

The girl he stood with shook her head, "You never know, better cautious than risky."
Tommy had been whining ever since they started and she got tired of it quickly. Each prolonged syllable and grumble irked her ears. Growing more difficult to do her job. That's when ruffles came from the grass on the opposite side of the gate.

"Incoming!" Was heard from Tubbo's voice as the noises approached closer. Tommy perked up, standing now. Setting back his shoulders as if to assert dominance.

Out of the brush appeared.. Eret?
It shouldn't have been as weird, because he is on their side, it's just he's never there.
"False!" Y/n shouts back up to Tubbo, heading to unlock the gate. "C'mon in, we just made food." She greats him, not expecting any words back. Drooping her head down in awkwardness. Eret had never spoken to her, she hadn't even known what he sounded like. She was sure he didn't like her, maybe because she was new.

"Mhm, smells good. What did you guys make?" A very deep voice spoke in reply; with friendly undertones. Taken back for a moment, that he was willing to speak with her. Immediately breaking a smile, looking up from the ground.

"Oh, uhm, steaks. I'll make you a plate." It was obvious she was a little giddy. She wanted to be liked, craved it. So when Eret acted to standoffish she felt as if it was something she had done. Now everyone in L'manberg was speaking to her it gave her a sense of comfort, that made she was in the right place; not getting in the way of something nobody wanted her to be.

Luckily she hadn't left when felt those emotions, or maybe she would've missed out on the bigger picture, that wasn't clear just yet.

f l a s h b a c k : t w o h o u r s p r i o r

Dream sits down at his desk with Eret across from him. Fiddling with the envelope between his fingers before placing it in front of the man ahead. "I need a favor."

Now Eret was more nervous to speak with Dream than the people in L'manberg. Maybe because the painted face seemed more intimidating than the man behind truly was; though that's how he was trying to come off anyways. "Yes sir?"

"Well first, I need you to deliver this letter, to Wilbur Soot. Unseen, of course." Dream states, as Eret nods. "Before you go though, I have one last thing." Behind the mask Dream's lips pierced, while the brunet's head tilts.

"What do you know about that new girl?"

Behind the sunglasses Eret's eyes widen. He didn't know much about her at all, because he didn't really want to speak with her.
Nothing about her particularly, though if he was going to 'betray' these people, he didn't want to add another person onto that list to induce pain onto. Now the one thing Dream asks of him, is the only thing he can't prepare.
"Not much if i'm honest, sir."

Dream huffs. "Well, befriend her. Figure it all out, come back to me and tell me. I cant understand her if I know nothing." He lets his stuff posture relax, after the let down of a response. Hoping he might be able to have some lead, only to lead to nothing.
"Thank you, Eret. You're dismissed." He waves.

Eret nods ones last time, with the letting in between his fingers. "Thank you, sir."

Now here Eret was. Getting the girl's hopes up that she had finally landed herself a place that would appreciate and treat her like family.
Finally breaking skin of the last person she was doubtful of, and feeling great about it.
Only it was all just a setup.

A scheme to learn all her cards; just to throw them away, with blood stains seeped in.