Pool. Chapter 4.

I woke up at 8:30 which was surprising because I usually wake up at 9:00. I got up to go grab my outfit I was gonna wear today at the sandlot. I picked a cow cropped top with some brown patched jeans and PF flyers. I did my hair in a one piece braid and headed downstairs.

"Morning mom," I said as I grabbed an apple. "Morning dear, where are you going? Miss fancy" my mother said smiling a bit. "I'm going to the sandlot, duh and my outfit is not fancy!" I said jokingly.

"Okay dear, be back by nine." My mother said as I exited the house. I saw Benny walking towards the sandlot so I ran up behind him. "Hey Benny" I spoke while jumped a bit.

"Gosh you scared me." Benny said looking down trying to not show his smile. "Sorry I was just in the mood for scaring someone" I said smiling.

Benny looked back to see what I was wearing and his face looked... odd. "What? Why are looking at me like that" I asked. "Oh nothing, you just look very pretty" he says smiling. "Why thank you Benny boy" I said laughing.

We finally got to the sandlot after who knows how long. "Hey! Their you guys are, we've been waiting all day for ya" ham said chugging down his water. "Oh man, it's so hot!" I said whining. "Tell me about it" squints spoke. "Yeah Yeah it's sooo hot I could die!" Yeah-yeah said while everyone agreed.

"Oh please, it's not that hot" Benny said rolling his eyes. "I don't feel so good..." I said grabbing ahold of a pillar that was attached to the dugout. "I feel like I'm gonna pas-pass out" I said trying to sit down aimlessly.

"Woah woah, let me help you clara" Benny said helping me to sit down. "Benny can we please not play ball today, it's like 101 digress" ham said groaning. "Yeah can we? Please Benny" I said doing a pouty face hoping he would say okay.

"Fine, fine, fine! Be like that." Benny said look annoyed. "Now what are we gonna do?" Benny said. Everyone started chuckling but me and Benny, we looked so confused. "POOL PARTY" everyone yelled. "Party?! How about we just go to a public pool with just us" I suggested. "yeah okay" everyone agreed.

We all started to walk to our houses to get changed when I realized, I'm not good with bathing suits. "Benny, I actually don't wanna go swimming..." I said looking down. "Why not? It'll be fun" he said softly

"I-I don't know... I just- okay fine." I said with no emotion. "Yay! Okay cya once your done getting ready" Benny said running to his house.

I sighed while walking up to my room. I grabbed a cute hot pink bikini and went into the bathroom to change. I finished changing and grabbed my white sunglasses with some sunscreen. I went to grab my beach bag to put all the stuff I needed in it, which was barely nothing I just brought it because it was cute.

I ran downstairs and said bye to my mom and brother even though my brother didn't want me to go I still went. I ran outside and saw Benny waiting for me on his bench so I ran towards him. "Hey Benny! I'm ready to go" I said excitedly. "Hey, alright I'm ready to go to and, are you sure you wanna wear, that?" He asked. "Yeah I'm sure but do you not like it?" I asked looking down. "No, no! I love it so much. It suits you" he said lifting my chin up while smiling. "Okay" I said and pecked his lips.

We finally got their and everyone got in but me. I just dipped my feet in the water while watching everyone having fun. Benny came up to me and asked "what wrong? Why aren't you getting in?" Benny questioned. "Oh it's just a bit cold, that's all." I said looking at Benny with no emotion. "Well that's gonna end now." Benny said picking me up and throwing me in the water.

"Ah! Benny stop it!" I said laughing. "Sorry babe but I wanted you to have some fun" he said while smiling. "I'm glad you care so much for me." I said without realizing. My eyes lit up and I looked down. "I'm glad you think that way cause I sure do" he said smiling.

We played in the water for awhile until squints said "oily, oily, oily! I can't take this no more!" Squints mentioned while he was starring at Wendy Peffercorn.

Squints got out of the water and was walking to the diving board. "What the frick is he doing?" I asked. "I have no idea..." Bertram said.

Squints got on the diving board and jumped in. "OMG SQUINTS! NO" everyone yelled. "HE CANT SWIM! SQUINTS" I yelled while swimming over their to him. Wendy jumped in the pool and got squints and set him down on the concrete.

Wendy started giving mouth to mouth with squints. "Please buddy, wake up!" Tommy said hopelessly. "Buddy please don't die on me" I cried out. "Oh gosh he looks like a dead fish" Bertram pointed out.

Just then squints gave out the most weirdest, oddest, grin ever. "What?" Everyone asked completely confused. Just then Wendy touched his lips and squints grabbed her head. "OMG" everyone yelled. "YOU LITTLE PERVERT" Wendy screamed while throwing us out of the pool. We all grabbed our stuff very quickly and headed to a little alleyway "did you plan that?!" I asked. "Been planning it for years" squints said smirking.

"OH MY GOSH GUYS HE PLANNED IT" I said running. Until then everyone got banned from that pool.

It had been a long, very exciting, funny day, but it was time to call it a day. Everyone went home but Benny and I. We were walking back from the pool because we said that we'll see then tomorrow since we still had to get a few other stuff. I was talking to Benny about random stuff until he said this.

"Clara, thank you. Thank you for coming into my life and making it 100% better. I love you" that was the first time I have ever heard Benny say I love you to me. I blushed really badly and looked down.

"I.. love you to." I said while looking up at Benny. Just then he's lips smashed into mine. It was so, different then all the other ones. This one was actual love. I never felt so happy in my life. We tore the kiss away and said our goodbyes.

I went inside and hopped in the shower, it felt nice to get all that Chlorine off of me. I finished my shower and got dressed into some grey sweats and a black sweatshirt. I went to grab a snack and headed back upstairs.

After I finished my snack I texted Benny.

Goodnight love.

That's all I said. I put my phone down and went to sleep.

Oh my gosh! I love this story so much, it's like- idek but I love it!💕 I hope you guys do to:) also I won't be active on Thursday because I'm going to a doctors appointment, anyways bye:)

Tuesday, June 22, 2021