Goodbye. Chapter 11.

All the sandlot boys including me were playing baseball like any other day, until my older brother lake entered the sandlot and yelled my name. "CLARA!" My eyes immediately went on lake. "WHAT?" I yelled back. "MOM, SHE- SHE NEEDS TO TALK TO YOU, LIKE NOW" he yelled. I walked over to him so the boys wouldn't hear our conversation. "What do you mean? Why dose she need me?" I asked. "I can't say a word but! It's really urgent so you need to go there like NOW" lake said. "Alright fine! Gosh, I'll meet you there." I barked back.

"I'll be back guys, my mom needs me and she says it's 'urgent' cya in a bit" I said to the boys as they nodded. They continued playing while I walked home. "Alright mom I'm
Home, what is it?" I asked. "Sweetie..." she gulped. "What?" I asked In a sarcastic tone. "This isn't time for jokes! This is really serious. And like, bad." She said. "okay... well then, what is it?" I asked with a confused look.

"It's your ex stepdad."

My heart dropped. "What.. what do you mean it's my ex stepdad?.." I asked more concerned and scared. "He- he wants you, to visit him.." she said in a serious tone. "But- but I can't! Who knows what he'll do to me! Ive already had enough stress because of the dog and Philips." I barked. "I know, but he said if you don't come then he'll track you down and take you." She said.

"F-fine but.. for how long?!" I asked. "A week." She said. My heart was racing but I tried to stay calm. "mkay... only a week. That should be fine." I said nervously. "Promise you'll call me if he hurts you. Okay?" She said while putting her hands on my shoulders. "I promise." I whispered while tears stripped down my face.

I went back to the sandlot sniffing and crying a bit. I entered the sandlot and everyone's eyes went on me. "She's back!" They yelled. I put a fake weak smile on my face and went to the dugout. They all walked up to me. I quickly wiped my tears. "h-hey guys." My voice cracked.

"You don't sound normal, what's wrong?" Kenny asked. "It's nothing, really! I'm just... tired" I said fake smiling. "Okay then.. what did your mom want?" Kenny asked once again. "I- umm. I don't really wanna talk about it, maybe later when I feel better." I said nodding. "What do you mean when you 'feel better'" Benny said.

"Do we really have to go over this right now?" I asked sighing. "Yes, we do" Benny said whiling sitting down next to me. I rolled my eyes. "But if I tell you guys, I'll start crying and when I start crying you'll make fun of me and when you guys make fun of me I'll be even more sad and I just!-" I got cut off by squints. "What do you mean crying? Clara if you don't tell us what is going on I will throw you over the beasts fence." "Please your not even strong enough to lift me up." I said laughing under my breath.

"Clara please." Benny said grabbing my chin gently so I would face him. I stared into his shimmering hazel eyes that looked desperately. "f-fine!" I yelled. All the boys cheered me on.

"The truth is... I'm going over to my ex stepdads house for a week and he lives in Texas but I REALLY don't wanna see him at all! That's it okay?" I said. Benny knew it was the truth but he also knew that there was something else that wanted me away from my ex stepdad. "okay" the boys said in a unison and shrugged. "I'll be right there I just need to ask Clara something." Benny said. The boys went back to their spots and started playing.

"I should really get going.." I said getting up and trying to speed walk to the entrance. "Not so fast clara." Benny said and gently grabbed my wrist and pulled me down. I rolled my eyes and looked away from him. "There's something else going on with you and your ex stepdad, i know it." Benny said with a concerned tone. "Benny, I swear nothing else is going on!" I yelled while looking down. "Clara... you can tell me anything!" Benny said lifting my chin up and turning me to face him. I stared at his hazel eyes for a bit, they were twinkling. I couldn't lie to my own boyfriend. I had to tell him.

"Fine.. it's just... my ex stepdad, he- he hurts me. And is, very, mean to me. Their I said it" I walked off without letting Benny say a word. I felt bad but I just needed to be alone. After a couple hours of crying, I had a major headache and my eyes were red and puffy. I heard Little Rock's hit my window, I knew it was Benny.

I opened my window and stared at him for a second. "Come in." I said motioning to him to come in. I went over to my bed and flopped down staring at the ceiling.

                                    BENNYS
                                 Point of view

I climbed in and saw her laying on her bed hopelessly and tired. I saw she had red puffy eyes and stand tears on her innocent face. "Clara.." I asked. "hm?" Clara said emotionless. "I wanted to ask, why do you have to go to your ex stepdads?.." I asked with a soft tone.

"Because if I don't come then he'll track me down and kidnap me." Clara said while sitting up slowly. "oh... I'm really sorry Clara I- I just" I got cut off by a kiss. I obviously kissed back.

It lasted a minute and it felt like home. I broke the kiss and she just hugged me. I heard starting to cry into my chest. I picked her up bridal style and put her on the bed, I went into the bed with her and cuddle up to her. After an hour of hearing her painful cries she fell asleep and so did I.

                                     CLARAS
                                 Point of view

It was a couple days later and I had to say goodbye. "bye ham, don't get to caught up in tennis" I laughed and so did he. "Bye clara" ham said. I said goodbye to the others but Benny. "bye.. Benny. I love you." I started tearing up. "I love you more." Benny said as stroked my hair while I was hugging him.

I let go of the hug and waved goodbye to everyone and I got into the car. Driving away made me feel so sad. I finally got to my ex stepdads house. "Hello..." I said waving to my ex stepdad.

"Should I call you Jackie?.." I asked. "WELL OF COURSE YOU SHOULD, THATS MY FREAKING NAME IDIOT" he yelled and I jumped. "O-okay.." I said and went upstairs to my room.

It was a nice room so I got my sheets and blankets, then I went to bed.

sorry I haven't been uploading!! I just didn't know what to make, but I'm back now! Hope you enjoyed this chapter. Byeee!

Thursday, July 8th, 2021.