Day 3: Dinner Disasters (Seb and Carlos)

A/N: this chapter might be shorter than the others because I had writer's block.

Carlos' POV:

I am so glad that Seb and I are okay now. I hope that Ashlyn and Big Red are too. Everything seems to be going wrong on this cruise and I think it's my fault because I suggested it and made the invitations. Was it a bit too much and too expensive? Yes, but I wanted only the very best for our EHS drama club reunion trip.

It was now time for dinner, well it was actually 5 minutes past the time I said we would meet at thee 7 Seas restaurant. Now, the only people seated at the table were Seb, Rico, EJ, and I. Where was everyone else and why is Rico wrapping his arms around Gina's waist?

"Not to be rude, but are we going to order? I'm starving and I heard that this place has good seafood," EJ responded from across the table where he was sitting by himself since Ricky and Nini were not here.

"Ok fine, we can order now. Seb, honey could you please text the others to see where they are? I'm going to get the waiter," I leaned over to whisper to Seb who looked dashing in his tropical shirt.

Seb nodded his head while everyone else looked at the menus. I got up out of my seat to see where the waiter was because I kept telling him we were going to wait for our friends and now we weren't. Everyone including myself was starving.

After I got our waiters' attention, I let Gina order first because ladies first. While she was ordering I was anxiously shaking my leg under the table wondering where everyone else was? It can't be that hard to plan ONE group dinner?

"Stop shaking under the table," Seb whispered to me as he held his phone out to text the others.

"I can't help it, I am anxious. Any update on the others?" I whispered while the waiter took Rico's order.

Suddenly, I wasn't hungry anymore. I just wanted things to go the way I had planned. How hard could it be for Big Red, Ashlyn, Nini and Ricky to show up to dinner?

Seb shook his head frowning before he gave the waiter our orders. I was too anxious and upset to talk but Seb already knew what I liked off the menu which I was thankful for.

"Thanks for ordering for us," I hesitantly whispered into his ear as I looked over to see Gina and Rico cuddling into a jacket since we were sitting by the deck railing near the ocean.

********

Seb's POV:

Ok, so the truth is that I have heard back from Ashlyn and Nini about why they aren't at dinner and I don't want to disappoint Carlos even more by telling him over dinner. What can I say, I am an innocent farm boy, I can't hurt my boyfriend's feelings by telling him our friend's ditched us at another event he planned perfectly.

I kept re-reading the two texts I got and wondered what was going on since this didn't seem like their normal text messages.

Ashlyn: I am not coming, neither is Big Red.

Nini: Ricky asked me out on a date after we made up from the other night. Maybe tomorrow night we can have a double date? I'll ask Ricky later

As far as I knew from past experiences Ashlyn never texted me in full sentences and Nini wasn't one to ditch us during our reunions. Maybe during other circumstances she would be off some place with Ricky but reunions were important since we hardly ever saw each other.

Something wasn't right, but I still didn't want Carlos to get even more anxious so I didn't tell him.

"We were going to make the announcement after dinner , but it seems like the others aren't going to show up, so can I make an announcement now?" I stopped thinking about Ashlyn and Nini for a second to watch Gina raise her glass full of water.

"Go ahead, Gina" I looked over to hear Carlos mumble as he held onto my hand tightly.

"Rico asked me out at the pool today. We are officially dating," I watched as Rico kissed her cheek and clink her glass with his.

Wow. Well, this is a turn of events from the other night. I am happy for Gina but is this payback for Ricky being taken? She did order those mimosas when she saw Ricky and Nini at the first dinner. This better be true love.

"Excuse me, what the hell did you say?" I heard EJ exclaim as Carlos and I stared at each other in shock.

"Rico asked me to be his girlfriend by the pool today," I watched as Gina held onto Rico's hand.

"This is bullshit. I confessed my love to you when I caught you crying by the pool the other day. I thought that you were obsessed with Ricky and you let me kiss your forehead the other day. I have been waiting to ask you out since we were understudies in High School Musical. There was never a right time since you were going through things and moved in with Ashlyn," EJ blurted out as he got up from his eat angirly.

"EJ, sit down and apologize to Gina. She's happy with Rico can't you see that. Let's have a civil dinner for once. Please just let something go right," I heard Carlos whimper as Gina leaned over to Rico for comfort. I don't blame her.

"I'm leaving. If someone could please bring my dinner in a takeout box and leave it by my room that would be nice," EJ said harshly as he put his napkin down on the table making Carlos frown again.

I wish that there was something I could do to make Carlos' trip go as planned.