Chapter 5- Lost to the woods

Plunged into the darkness of the hatch Y/n's loud heartbeat became faint. He felt numb, taken by the feeling of sinking...it almost felt safe and calm in this pit of darkness until Y/n jolted up from his trace with a backstabbing pain. "Ugh what the heck is this pain," rubbing his back with a whimper. Y/n looked around seeing he was in an unknown location. He got up, wiping the dirt off his clothes, and proceed to wander around hoping it will somehow take him to the other survivors. Y/n pushed through the bushes into a clearing. He looked up to see a small cave entrance covered in thick black vines.

He looked around before walking up to the cave. Peeking through a small hole Y/n notices a dim orange light coming from the cave. He begins ripping the vines apart to take a better look inside. As soon as he was fully inside the vines begin to grow back this time they weren't budging. "Shit shit this was a bad idea." Y/n faced back towards the orange light, "I got myself into this now I just have to deal with it," he sighs with frustration. The light grew brighter as he got closer, seeing it was coming from small cracks in the wall.

Suddenly the light went out and he started hearing whispers. "leave," Y/n froze in fear. The whispers became more harsh, repeating the same word. "Leave, leave, leave" blindly through the dark Y/n ran in a panic trying to find the exit. Finally, he started to see the dim light of the moon appear in eyes view, relieved he kept running until he was out of the creepy cave. Y/n stop to catch his breath, looking up to find himself in a similar woods area. "This place is like a whole maze how am I supposed to find my way back?"

Walking for a good while. Y/n started hearing chatting and the smell of fire, he smiled with glee and approached the campfire only to realize it wasn't the survivors he knew. It was the killers they've spoken about, throwing himself behind a large rock. Y/n cautiously peek around the rock hoping no one heard or saw him. Letting go of his breath he slightly relaxed, luckily he wasn't caught. Y/n took the opportunity to observe the killers. Some of them were practicing using their weapons, most were chilling at the campfire, and a few were missing.

Their behavior was what surprised him though. They all seem so cooperative with each other. And to think they didn't have any humanity in them. They seem to put a lot of trust in each other. I haven't been here long, but the other survivors don't have as much trust in themselves, though got to give them the benefit of the doubt. We have the shorter end of the stick and I'm no better y/n thought. Guilt and confusion grew in him.

"Are they as bad as they seem? Maybe...just maybe they're not so bad." "You know you suck at being stealthy also if that's what you're here for see for yourself." Y/n darted a glance to the person who said that. A man with a ghost mask crouched beside him with his head resting on the palm of his hand. Y/n was about to scream, but the killer hushed him before a peep came out." hey hey I was joking about finding out.

You asking for a death wish? Anyways how you even get here? Hmm...wait are you that new survivor I've heard of? Wow already adventuring off from the herd. How brave of you," Y/n try to talk, but was muffled by his hand. "Oops, my bad. He took his hand off Y/n's mouth.

"You're not- you're not going to kill me?" The masked killer tilted his head. "I mean I could, but right now I prefer you alive; maybe later." Y/n froze at his response. "No need to get so tense, it's your purpose, after all, to be killed by my hands. Plus, would you rather be killed by the others ruthlessly now, or by me? Promise I'll make it... well, less painful."

"Look, um-" "The name is Danny." "Danny... I didn't mean to intrude, I just- I got lost and I'm trying to find my way back. I would really like it if- if you could help me find my way back to the other survivors. Please... I'd do anything, but I beg of you not to kill me." Y/n begins to tremble in fear. Danny grabs Y/n's hands and pulls him up. "Alright, I won't... under one condition."

"What is it?" Danny stared intensely at him. "Sleepover!" "Are you serious? We barely know each other. I'm shocked that a murderer like you would even ask for something like that." He paused. "...You're not planning on killing me in my sleep, are you?" "No, no, no never. Swear I'm keeping my word." Y/n sighs in defeat. "I guess I don't have a choice..." "Great! Now just to sneak you into the cabin." "...Oh boy."