Confrontation

Y/n's POV

I was seated at my desk, my hands folded in my lap as I stared at my reflection in the mirror that had been moved for practicality. Standing behind me was Atsuo, who was humming softly as he brushed my hair. Something felt off. But I couldn't remember what it was. Where was I..? Oh, right I'm living with my brother. Seems like such a silly thing to forget. My eyebrows furrowed in my reflection and Atsuo caught sight of this, setting aside the brush and placing his hands on my shoulders.

"Is something wrong, dear sister?" He asked me in a soft voice. I didn't answer right away. I was studying my face closely, reaching up to trace my features with my fingertips. My face shape, the curve of my lips and the lines of my nose, I had to make sure it was me for some reason. The shape of my eyes and how my eyebrows were settled on my face, it seemed almost wrong, but I was certain I hadn't changed. Atsuo had told me this morning when I woke up that I had been in an accident and that my memories would most likely be foggy for a while. But two things were certain. The things I knew for sure when I had woken up was that he was my brother, and that we were in a place called the Devildom. I turn my seat to look up at him.

"Why are we here?" I ask him, my voice having sounded rather dull ever since earlier. He gave me a questioning look.

"What do you mean? Your room? You're still recovering so I'm here to help you." He explained with a warm smile. I shook my head and cast my gaze down to the marble floor.

"No.. That's not what I meant. Why are we here? In the Devildom? Aren't demons dangerous?" I ask him, squeezing my hands with uncertainty. He gave a small chuckle and pat my head.

"Of course they're dangerous silly. But we have unfinished business here. I promise that as soon as we're done we can go back home." He assured me. I gave a small nod, not sure why his words saddened me. Was I disappointed that we weren't leaving right away? Or was I sad that we had to go at all? He knelt down in front of me and cupped my hands with his own.

"Hey. You're safe now. As long as I'm here nothing can harm you.I'll kill anyone or anything that tries." He told me with a smile. I didn't look up at his face but I nodded in agreement. I didn't feel safe. Not at all. I had felt nothing but confusion and uneasiness ever since waking up. Why? Why did I feel like I wasn't where I was supposed to be? Why did this all feel so wrong? 

"We should get you ready for bed now. Do you mind if I pull back your hair?" He asked, getting back up on his feet. I turn back to the mirror and take in a deep breath.

"No. You can do it." I say with a weary smile. He smiled back and started to gather my hair. However a few moment's later there was a loud crash and the walls began to shake. I steady my desk as I look around in shock.

"What's happening?!" I ask, looking over at Atsuo. My breath caught in my throat at his expression. He was furious.  At what I had no idea, but his face was contorted into an expression of impatience and anger. I get up but before I can ask what's wrong he starts to storm out of the room.

"Atsuo wait!" I call out, starting to follow. He threw his arm back towards me and a sudden gust of wind pushed me back, causing me to land on my behind.

"Stay here!" He ground out before slamming the door shut. There was a click and a lock and I realized he had trapped me in the room. I scramble to my feet and threw myself at the door, pounding at it with my fists.

"Atsuo! Atsuo don't leave me here! Tell me what's going on!" I shout, panic starting to seize my heart. I could hear muffled shouting, but it was mostly covered by crashing and booming noises.

Third Person POV (a few minutes before)

The group of ten didn't take long to arrive at their desired destination. Everyone was riled up and the tension in the air was thick. This plan had its risks, but everyone was prepared to take them. The location in question consisted of a large dark castle, not nearly as big as Diavolo's but big nonetheless, that was surrounded by a rocky landscape. The land lacked any type of vegetation a mile past the initial grounds of the castle, consisting of cliffs and ravines as far as the eye can see.