༄ؘ ۪۪۫۫ 𝑻𝒘𝒐 ۪۪۫۫ ༄ؘ ˑ

Ben

-ˋˏ ༻✿༺ ˎˊ-

-ˋˏ ༻✿༺ ˎˊ-

 The day started like any other, sluggish and painful. After turning off the multitude of alarms going off at once I rolled over and thought about what I had to do today and remembered OH SHIT I HAVE TO GO TO THE PROFESSOR'S OFFICE TODAY. After the initial panic of thinking I had overslept I went over to say good morning to my Riolu, Charlie "Good morning buddy today's the special day are you excited?" Charlie. I headed over to my closet to pick out my outfits for the adventure soon to come. After taking far too long to decide I settled on a white tank top with a deep blue cardigan accompanied by jeans and my favorite pair of Converse shoes and remembering to grab my headphones at the last second. As I made my way downstairs I heard my brother groaning from the other room as he struggled to get out of bed as usual.

-ˋˏ ༻✿༺ ˎˊ-

As I reached the bottom of the stairs I saw my parents preparing breakfast for our last meal at home. "Morning honey, how did you sleep?" my mother chimes in with her usual peppy morning energy which never failed to confuse me. " I slept well though I'm a bit stressed now that I've realized what day it is.". "You'll do fine sweetie" my mom chimed in after serving me another plate of pancakes. I hear a noise from upstairs and look over to see my disheveled brother atop the sunlit staircase looking fresh out of a tornado. After eating my fill of breakfast I prepped my bag and strapped my skateboard to the back of my backpack and got all my clothes stuffed in before my mom realized I folded none of them. I then got ready to leave the house to meet with Philly before going to the train station at the time we had discussed the day before. I yell to my brother to hurry up, not wanting to be late for the train. Charlie followed close behind me with Nate rushing to the door, his Snom Ludvig held snuggly in his arms. We wave goodbye to our parents, promising that we'd call them soon.

-ˋˏ ༻✿༺ ˎˊ-

I could see Philly waiting at the entrance of the train station, his Bidoof chewing softly on his hair. I ran up to him, my hands on my knees and panting, Charlie patting my shoulder in comfort. "Took you long enough," Philly said his eyes tired from the early morning, "blame Nate, he's the one who didn't wake up in time." I was irritated, pointing back to my brother who was now catching up to the train station. We all head inside, scanning our train card before getting on. Nate was the last to get on, a snow cone in hand. "Now heading to new bark, now heading to new bark" the speaker boomed as I grabbed onto the handle of the train. Most of the passengers were older, most likely heading into work, except one. They looked around our age, with a brown shoulder bag placed on their lap. Soon the train began to head off. It'd be another 10 to 15 minutes until we got to Newbark, and I couldn't be any more excited.

-ˋˏ ༻✿༺ ˎˊ-

The train soon stopped, finally reaching its destination the three of us walked out, mostly following Philly. "What do you think the professor called us in for?" asked Nate, his partner curled up in his arms. "Hm, who knows?" pondered Philly, who was distracted looking for the right building. We continued walking, finally seeing Prof. Elm's office. We all walked inside, the place was filled with piles of books and files, it looked like a wild pokemon had destroyed the place. It's almost as bad as my room, I thought, walking carefully through the mountains of folders and papers on the ground. "Ah, you're here" prof. Elm walked out of the backroom, he looked completely disheveled. "Welcome, so glad you three could make it." prof. Elm said, heading toward a desk with a metal case on it. "Ahh, Juno you're here," we all turned towards the door. It was the same person from the train, their faces slightly redder than before. "I've asked you four to come in for a reason," he states, turning around grabbing onto a metal case. "In here," he opens the case, shiny electronic devices placed gently on the foam inside. "These are Pokedexes" moving the case closer to us, Philly was the first to grab the Pokedex, "thank you," he says softly. I and Nate reach for the electronic device. I stared at it for a second, confused I thought, putting it away in my pocket. The shorter teen walked up, grabbing the last Pokedex, looking at it for a second before putting it away. Prof. Elm continued to talk to them, Nate and Philly heading to the door. I follow close behind them, Philly's Pokedex lights his face, that smart bitch, "wait how'd you do that?" asked Nate, who was still trying to figure out how to turn on the device "dunno, drake showed me a while ago." he said nonchalantly, he was looking through the device, most likely reviewing the features. "oh, there's a message on here," he says before starting to read it, "hello, this is professor elm. I'm so glad you all accepted my offer to journey off and to complete the Pokedex. It was a great pleasure to have met you all and I hope to hear from you soon. -prof. Elm"

-ˋˏ ༻✿༺ ˎˊ-

"That's gonna take a while," I said looking at Charlie, his small gemstone necklace glistening in the sunlight. "I don't think I introduced myself" the trainer from earlier walked up to us, a Pokeball in hand, "my name's Juno" I was the first to say anything "Hi, I'm Ben it's really nice to meet you, to the left of me is Philly, and to the right is my brother, Nate," I say motioning to the two boys, "sooooo, where you guys heading?"Juno asked, their faces looking up at us, "uh cherry grove City" Philly spoke up, his eyes set onto the flip-phone style Pokedex. "Wait really?! Would you mind if we traveled together?" they ask, with an imploring look. "Sure! It'd be nice to have a new friend come along with us, "I said happily, excited to have more company. 

-ˋˏ ༻✿༺ ˎˊ-

-ˋˏ ༻✿༺ ˎˊ-