༄ؘ ۪۪۫۫ 𝑭𝒐𝒖𝒓 ۪۪۫۫ ༄ؘ ˑ

Nate

-ˋˏ ༻✿༺ ˎˊ-

-ˋˏ ༻✿༺ ˎˊ-

I feel a goopy slime coat my face, moving my hand over to push the cold body of the small bug pokemon off of me. "Ugh..." I groaned. I turn over, enjoying the extra time I have to sleep. I felt Ludwig, my Snom continuing to slide around atop my only semi-conscious body, its icy touch sending goosebumps up my arms. I very much did not want to wake up, but I knew Ben would murder me if we were late. I finally pull myself out of bed, feet hitting the cold wooden floor and legs unsteadily supporting the rest of my body. Grabbing my glasses, I trudge into the bathroom, making myself at least a little bit presentable for the most important day of my life. I brush my unkempt hair, trying to tamp down the cowlicks and get my hair as feathery as it's willing to be. Realizing the clock is ticking, I rush back into my room. I grab my usual outfit of a t-shirt, jeans, and watch. I snag my black shoulder bag off of the hook attached to the door, mercilessly shoving my randomly selected necessities into the small amount of storage it affords me. I threw my bag back onto my bed before grabbing some socks and my all-important hoodie, purple as a plum. Ludwig lays on my bed, its icy body moving slowly toward me. I shove on my high-top sneakers before grabbing a piece of toast on my way out the door. I could hear Ben yelling at me as I grabbed some, the piece of toast hanging out of my mouth. I waved goodbye to my parents, making a mental note to call them at the nearest pokemon center.

-ˋˏ ༻✿༺ ˎˊ-

Ben starts running toward the train station as I follow at a jog, eating the piece of toast I had grabbed. Soon I saw the large train station of brooks view, its rustic red brick walls looking well worn. Ben was farther ahead than me, having a running start and all. I stop for a second at a small snow cone stand, deciding that Ludwig needed a treat in this Summer heat. "Can I have one cone with no flavoring please?" I say politely. Looking only slightly confused, the older man scoops the ice into a small paper cone. I hand him a dollar, not worrying about change, thanking him quickly before heading back toward the train station. Philly was already there, standing with Ben, whose face was dripping with sweat. He has his hands on his knees, the small jackal pokemon patting his shoulder in an attempt to console its exhausted trainer. The train pulls up as I arrive, and I run into the terminal, grabbing the train card out of my pocket and scanning it at the turnstile. As we board, I grab a hold of one of the fabric handles before feeding Ludwig his well-deserved snow cone. He really des loves shaved ice.

-ˋˏ ༻✿༺ ˎˊ-

Soon, the train slows to a halt with a screech, dampened by the metal of the car. I follow Philly out onto the busy streets of New Bark. "What do you think the professor called us in for?" I asked, looking over at Philly. "Hm, who knows?" he responds, distracted looking for the right building. We continue walking as Philly guides us through this unfamiliar city, and soon we end up at a building, a small sign in the window spelling out the professor's name. Philly is the first to head in, Ben and I following behind him. Professor Elm enters from the back room, metal case in hand. "Ahh, Juno! You're here." Professor Elm places the case down as we all turned to the door to see who he was referring to. The trainer looks familiar like I've seen them before. My thoughts are interrupted by Elm.

-ˋˏ ༻✿༺ ˎˊ-

"I've asked you four to come in for a reason." He continues, grabbing the shiny case from the desk. "In here," he opens the case, shiny electronic devices placed with care on the foam inside. "These are Pokedexes." He states, moving the case closer to us. Philly grabs his first, examining the small item and turning it over in his hands. Ben takes his next, looking at the device and trying his best to figure out how to use it. I grab the third one in line, fiddling with it in an attempt to operate it. It doesn't quite work. The shorter trainer walks up to the professor, grabbing a hold of the last Pokedex and pocketing it near immediately. The three of us then head back outside in a huddled bunch.

-ˋˏ ༻✿༺ ˎˊ-

"Wait, how'd you do that?" I ask as Philly's Pokedex chirps and illuminates his face. "Dunno, drake showed me a while ago." He nonchalantly states, most likely reviewing the features of the device. I continue to press buttons, hoping for the same result. "Oh, there's a message on here." Philly presses a button to open the envelope icon on the device's screen.

-ˋˏ ༻✿༺ ˎˊ-

"Hello, this is Professor Elm. I'm so glad you all accepted my offer to journey off and to complete the Pokedex. It was a great pleasure to have met you all and I hope to hear from you soon. -prof. Elm" Philly reads out. "That's gonna take a while," I heard Ben mumble to his partner. I continued trying to get the Pokedex to work, but nothing seems to work the way I expect.

-ˋˏ ༻✿༺ ˎˊ-

"I don't think I introduced myself," The trainer from earlier walks up to us, Pokeball in hand, "My name's Juno," Ben speaks first, Philly and I both captivated by our Pokedexes.

"Hi, I' m Ben it's really nice to meet you. To the left of me is Philly, and to the right is my brother, Nate." he says, pointing at us.

"Sooooo, where you guys heading?" Juno asks, their face looking up at us. "Uhhh... Cherrygrove City." Philly responds, seeming less than sure. Is that the nearest city? It must be if Philly says so. I think.

"Wait really?! Would you mind if we traveled together?" They ask, with an imploring look. I look over at Juno, a small smile forming on my face. It's always nice to have more friends, I think. I hold Ludwig close to my body, its cool skin feeling nice in the heat. "Sure! It'd be nice to have a new friend come along with us!" Ben says, a sort of giddy tone in his voice. It would be nice to talk to someone new, I thought, as the four of us headed off to Cherrygrove, excited to finally start our journey.

-ˋˏ ༻✿༺ ˎˊ-

-ˋˏ ༻✿༺ ˎˊ-